You KNOW you've officially hit rockbottom when...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Emerald Hyperion, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Emerald Hyperion

Emerald Hyperion Not So Well-Known Member

... you go into a AOL chatroom, say absolutely nothing, mind your own business and some woman calls you "a pathetic male that no straight woman would ever want". Woo hoo, thanks for reminding me! And to think I was about to get through an entire week without someone setting me off.

Yes I know, it sounds stupid. But I gotta get it out, right?

Back to basics again...
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Sorry she did that to you. It was an uncalled for comment i am sure. I know it's easy for me to say don't let it get to you, but in reality it does no matter how hard we work at dismissing it. Do the best you can to dismiss the comment and consider the source from whence it came. She probably is not the best judge of character any way. Take care of yourself. You are well worth it. :hug:
  3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Honestly some people:mad: of course if you will stray into ...oh God I can hardly type it ...AOL :puke: chatrooms, you're bound to meet fools :laugh:

Try to shrug it off hun, she's probably some uptight "I hate all men" nasty piece who enjoys winding people up. Don't give her the satisfaction. :hug:
  4. kath

kath Well-Known Member

i agree with the others who posted above in this sorry you had this experience - you deserve better and sometimes i dont think people who make this type of comment realise how much it can hurt or maybe they are just trying to wind you up.In any case dont let them.i know how much this type of thing can hurt and am wondering how you are doing now?Please look after yourself.

Take care
  5. Emerald Hyperion

Emerald Hyperion Not So Well-Known Member

I thank all of you ladies for the concern! :hug: I got a lot of rest and I feel a whole lot better now, thankfully. I've been with friends long enough that are friendly with me and I guess hearing that comment from that hateful woman brought back feelings I've been pushing away. And yes AOL does indeed breed a lot of fools and judgemental idiots, now I remember why I only stick to one chatroom on it.

Hours later I'm feeling better now though after at least getting that out and going through the day. :cool: