You matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't really speak for other people, but I struggle a lot to believe I am worth anything, so I repeat things to myself, to try and make my day go a bit easier when it is the shittest 24 hours I've needed to go through. What I'm about to say, I repeat to my friends, and to other people, hopefully it'll make you smile, or give you a bit of hope, or anything good.

First and foremost, you are worthwhile. Cliche, I know. But, who said cliches are lies?

You're a tiny dot on this earth - yes, you are, we all are. Every single person on this earth is a tiny dot and believe it or not YOU are a part of it. Even through you may not feel like you belong here you do because if you weren't here life wouldn't be the same. Someone somewhere will miss you. Someone, somewhere cares. Whether it be someone online or in real life you are making a difference to at least one person. "One person?" you ask, "that's not many", but making a difference to that one persons life is a gift. You are the gift to that one person. Quality over quantity, remember?

I work with elderly people, and a few of the tenants really make me think. Just yesterday, I was talking to someone and I won't go into the discussion I had but she made me realise the smallest things in life, the tiniest things, keep us going. Sometimes being selfless, giving up our time to do one thing for another person can greatly improve the day for everyone involved. A smile at a stranger (seeing them smile back), letting someone sit next to you in the local park and reading your paper (satisfaction that you are helping them, making them feel good on the inside - perhaps they are lonely?), giving a coffee or a sandwich to a homeless person on a cold day (brightening their day), volunteering for charities or organisations (helping others, helping yourself). Do something small, one thing each day, a tiny thing, even if it's just a smile. It really can make you feel a bit better.

You are loved. You are wanted. You are thought of. You do matter. You matter to me. Every single one of you. :arms:

I've been a member here since 2004, all of you who has replied to my threads offering support, even if it's just hugs, or sending me PMs, you have helped. More than you can imagine, and I'm grateful. Love ya all. :grouphug:

Abacus21

Staff Alumni
Aww, that's beautiful, Rezzy :) :hug:
I'm grateful for knowing you and being your friend - you're always there with a hug, or a kind word, and I hope I'm there for you too.

Thank you :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00