You really want to know what I want from a man? *trigger & quite a bit of swearing*

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by RainbowChaser, Aug 23, 2007.

1. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

I know no-one's actually gonna listen to me if I say any of this as a reply to one of the numerous threads out there, so I'm just gonna write this here and link to it as needed. So here goes.

Repect me for me. This is so damn important. If you can accept my weight, then you can damn well accept the fact that I might want to look girly from time to time. And don't tell me to wear make up, or I'll plaster your face in it and we'll see how you like it.

Don't try to tell me what I want. If I say I don't want to do something, accept it. If I say I like something, don't try to change my mind. Just because you see something I like as pointless doesn't mean you can give me a guilt trip for liking it.

Try to understand. If I say I can't explain something, it normally means just that. I'm sure you've had those times too. Trying to push me to explain something to you when I'm already upset isn't gonna make anything any better. Sometimes a hug and just letting me cry might just be the best way forward. I'd do it for you.

Don't be completely stupid. Being honest is one thing, but saying stupid things that are gonna hurt me is just stupid. Maybe you don't think I'm the best looking girl in the world, but suddenly blurting it out for no reason... Well, it'd either break me or you'd get broken. Really broken.

Be nice. Start getting nasty with me and I'll do the same back. Or find someone bigger and/or nastier to do it for me.

Don't expect me to do everything. I've travelled over two hours to see you, on localised public transport, even tho I hate travelling. I've bought you something nice. I've paid for dinner even tho I'm now in more debt than you. I've done this every week for the past three months, and in all that time your family has paid more attention to me than you have. And now I'm buying Christmas presents for your family, as well as mine. You know, I'm not sure I like you all that much any more.

Is all this too much for you? Mayhaps this shortened version is for you:
    Be my friend first!

If you did that and truly cared for me, the rest would come naturally.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Re: You really want to know what I want from a man? *trigger & quite a bit of swearin

Amen to that Rainbow

3. Blackness

Blackness Guest

Re: You really want to know what I want from a man? *trigger & quite a bit of swearin

no pushy sex either!!!

4. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

Wow, how bitchy was I when I wrote this? :blink:

5. Jolanta

Jolanta Member & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

You are not bitchie, sammie. This is how you feel and that is perfectly legitimate. :hug:
    My husband of over 26 years was my friend first and is still my friend. :yes:

With love from Jolanta

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2007
  6. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Amen rev Sammie!!!! :worthy: :hug:

7. MrDepressed

MrDepressed Guest

Rainbow I honestly think that this is common sense which is not to all common anymore.. so thats why I dont think you were being bitchy, just pointing out what should be obvious but not always is... allthough at many times it is hard to follow.. I would love to always treat my woman this way, but I slip, it certainly is a process, I guess the plus I have in my books is that I am willing to learn and willing most of the time to admit when I am wrong.

8. ShalenaM

ShalenaM Well-Known Member

Nuff..said:biggrin: