You saved my life

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Joey.S, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joey.S

Joey.S Member

At the age of 13 was when i realized that i was no longer happy with life. I was ashamed of my depression and hid it from everyone.

At this point in my life my problem was not life threating, and my friends and family gave me a sense of hope and happiness. I met a wonderful girl when i was 15 and we began to date. She became my best friend.

During this time i thought i was truly happy for the first time in 2 years. I had many friends and met a girl that i cared deeply for. but this feeling of happiness soon faded a few months later. I began to feel worthless, and as if everyone hated me. this caused my depression to grow.

I cut myself off from all of my friends and family, not speaking to anyone for periods at a time. I began to eat very little and i was soon sent to theropy by my parents. Theropy was a complete waste of time because the doctor was not very open minded about anything. so this caused me to lose hope. then things turned for the worst, after 3 years of dating, my bestfriend and i seperated.

After this i began to abuse drugs and became addicted to all types of stimulents, i began spiralling out of control. I would find myself every morning getting totaly F***ed up in my car before school snorting all kinds of pills. This became a daily activity for me which led me to stop eating. All of the pills caused me to stay up for days at a time and go with out eating for days.

During this time i became extremly depressed and wanted to die. this went on for months until my mother took me back to therapy. which was once again a failure. after this i was done. i was ready to end my life. A few weeks later i attempted to end it. I tried to sufficate my self at the age of 17.
    I failed and awoke 1 hour later on my bathroom floor.

After that my life has never been the same. I turned into a careless human being, my whole life was filled with apathy which led to more drug abuse, i began smoking pot to help and this turned into getting high all day every day for months. I began using pshycidelics and doing hard partying almost everynight.

This brought me to a even darker point in my life. which is where i am right now. I have lost all of my friends and my family has givin up on me because of my drug abuse. Tonight was going to be my last night here, but then i stumbled upon this site, and i starting to read some of the members stories, and just the thought that there are others out there like me gives me a huge amount of hope.

This site was a huge life saver for me tonight and i am so greatful that all of you shared your stories and outlooks.
    THank you so much you all saved my life tonight i plan on being an active member on this site to help me and hopefully all of you with the problems that we face.
    I will never be able to thank you enough...

2. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome on board! Hope this place continues to save people in despair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.