You wanna know whats irritating?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Sycotic_Sarah, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Okay, here is what irritates me.

People who think they know everything and say 'oh move on, get a life, grow up' when they clearly don't undestand a thing.

People who say suicide is selfish - excuse me? People who consider suicide don't really CARE if it's selfish, rather the fact that's the only way out for them.

People who say suicidal people are attention seekers and when they attempt, if they fail, it's a cry for attention. THIS IS COMPLETELY SO WRONG! You couldn't get ANY MORE wrong. Suicide is not to be taken as a joke. It's not attention seeking, it's serious.

People who call me an emo because I cut myself. Shut your mouths. I don't flash my scars or cuts. I don't act 'scene'. I don't show off my selfharm. So how am I emo? Sterotyping twats.

Ever thought why that person doesn't say why? Because they're scared probably. Or, they just fed up of explaining themselves and want to get it over with. And if it's a lousy reason to you, well, that's sad then, because to them, it's serious and bad enough for them to consider suicide, possibly as the ONLY WAY OUT. A break up can cause suicidal feelings. Doing bad in school can. Conflicts with friends/family can. Anything can. Don't judge on a situation just because it may be easy for you to get through, for someone else it may feel so bad and crap that they result to suicide.

Thought I'd post seeing as someone else posted saying 'You know whats irritating!', I'll share my opinion too.
  2. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I agree, allot of it is stereotypical and some is ignorance. Some people are so scared of death or the thought of it they won't open their mind to the possibilities that that person could be in pain, psychical, mental, no choices, homeless, tradgetdies... They don't seem to be able to get it to sink in so they just act ignorant and blame or bash us because they don't want to open their mind to it because it's so taboo. But I certainly agree, it's not right nor fair to us. :hug:
  3. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

:hug: Sarah. I think you took the words out of most people's mouths there...
  4. letdown

letdown Guest

Good post. What irritates and angers me is people who don't have a clue about trauma and abuse or who have gone through trauma and abuse but are frightened of their own feelings, telling you to stop "blaming" your parents, or "blaming" other people, who invalidate and shut up other people's feelings and invalidate their own to keep face, to appear they are acceptably 'moving on,' being "positive" when they clearly aren't and are clearly struggling.
  5. glad some people agree then
    - although I knew many did
    :hug:s to all.
  6. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

I agree with you wholeheartedly! I am so damn sick and tired of people who thinks of suicidal people this way! Instead of trying to help, they talk shit and think we are to be blamed! They don't even have the slightest idea how it felt being suicidal and they say this and they say that which is absolutely pathetic. My big bro is just another loser, he says people who commit suicide or even feel that way are all assholes. But he himself, is the world's biggest and stinkiest asshole in the whole damn world cos he don't know shit! Yeah, thats cos his life is too perfect he don't give a fuck about nothing else!!!! Even my folks think that way!!! Its bastards like them that makes suicidal people feeling even more suicidal in the first place...
  7. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Sez,It's just like you said and as simple as this no one walk's in your shoes and no one feels your pain so they know squat about judging you.Let them feel depressed just like you and see what they will say.
  8. Greenforest

Greenforest Well-Known Member

Though, there are also some teens who joke about suicide. They follow the emo trend and think everything death related is so trendy and shocking, but they aren't even depressed. Just happy teens. They keep the stereotype alive.

But you're true. Suicidal feelings and emotions in general are seen as weakness. At least if you're a guy, you're a gay loser wimp if you have emotions. :dry:
  9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am irritated by many of those same things Sarah. People say these things because not only do they know nothing about what it is like to have these difficulties, but also because of the fear that it could happen to them and they simply refuse to believe it possible. Ignoranse is not bliss, but they think if you sweep it under the carpet it doesn't exist. Out of sight, out of mind. That is my :twocents: worth.