you

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Auerbach, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Auerbach

Auerbach Well-Known Member

I want to be on disability for the rest of my life, because i am worthless and don't amount to anything.

2. AdamTide

AdamTide Well-Known Member

You are not worthless. You matter. You can have a positive impact on people's lives. Find something to look forward to each day. Whether it be sunlight or riding around or music or a good hot shower or bath or a good show or movie. You can have a happy, productive life. You can also have a positive impact on other people's lives. Helping others can help you to feel better about yourself. Each day you survive is a win. PM me if you ever need to talk or help with anything. Everything will be ok for you. :)

ThePhantomLady likes this.
  3. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

No, you're not worthless. Everyone has some abilities. But sometimes it's just easier to only see the obstacles... that's what depression etc. does to you.

We don't all have to be doctors and politicians to achieve, you can lead a happy life without a job as well. What do you like to do? do you have any hobbies?

AdamTide likes this.
  4. AdamTide

Lady is right. There has to be something you are good at. You have to have some kind of positive talent. Do what you enjoy or help others. Take a deep breath and try to take it easy. Look on the positive side of things.Do your absolute best and you'll be just fine.

5. Auerbach

Auerbach Well-Known Member

I just feel so worthless being around everyone. I feel like no like me not to mention I am 28 and ever had a gf before. Meanwhile the people my age are starting their own business, buying houses and getting married.

6. AdamTide

Don't focus on what other people have accomplished. You aren't competing with anyone. Go at your own pace. Focus on being happy. Do something for yourself each day. Get good out of each day. Listen to some good music. Rockabye by Shawn Mullins is an uplifting sing. In it he sings "everything's gonna be alright " and he's right. Everything IS going to be ok. :) You're going to be just fine. Breathe by Anna Nalick is another good one. Try to look on the bright side of things. Positive thinking can be a huge help. Far as gf, just focus on improving yourself. Everything will take care of itself. You can PM me at anytime. I've got your back :) hug