Your beliefs

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by suicidal maniac, Apr 20, 2010.

?

Do you believe in god?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. No

35 vote(s)
    71.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suicidal maniac

suicidal maniac Well-Known Member

I just can't take the overly postive Jesus toughts. It gives you falls hope and then you crash down even harder. No jesus for me thank you, atheist for life. It's all about the way you where brough up if you waren't a beliver in you childhood, it's probably best that you don't start now.

2. ASolitaryBlue

ASolitaryBlue Well-Known Member

agnostic.
    there might be, there might not be.
    i dont know, not gonna pretend i know either way.

3. lost81

lost81 Staff Alumni

I can't honestly be sure, I have seen some spectacularly bizarre things that I won't ever be able to explain that points me in the direction of something but what that is I :dunno: . I do believe that most of religion is more to do with the will of man rather than the will of a God though .

4. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I don't believe in the Christian god. I'm wiccan.

5. ozinuk

ozinuk Well-Known Member

I believe in God I too have witnessed truly amazing things that science could not explain but there are times when I question his motives behind some things that happen.

6. summerschild

summerschild Well-Known Member

The way I have had it explained to me is like this: our life is a piece of embroidery. (ok i'm a crafting addict) But we can only see the back side of the piece in this life. The knotty ugly side of the piece. And from the back there seems to be no rhyme or pattern to the piece. But God can see both sides and one day so will we and then we can see the beautiful pattern all those different choices made. Hope this helps.

7. xan

xan Chat Buddy

I don't believe in God in a traditional sense... but I'd like to imagine that there is room for the existence of what we would define a spiritual power to exist in the universe.

8. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

I don't believe in any of the thousands of gods out there

I hate people who answer agnostic -.- That's not an answer

9. suicidal maniac

Just because you can't explain it doesn't mean there is a god. Agreed lonecarrot I asked Yes or No question. Just wondering what people belive, I ask it everynow and then.

10. xan

xan Chat Buddy

Just because you believe something to be true doesn't mean it is...

And so on and so forth...

I don't see any reason to believe in a book that was written by people (even as the word of god) then translated and edited numerous times by more people (who were in positions of power, and as we know power corrupts people) till we have the bible's of today...

It then become less about a belief in God and a belief in the honesty and goodness in the hearts of all the people it's passed through... and frankly I don't have that much faith in mankind...

11. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

No. I was christened when I was born but stopped believing in God, Jesus etc when I was about 7-8 years old. All religion is absurd and only the gullible follow.

12. suicidal maniac

god people are catching up.

13. Fading Mentality

Fading Mentality Active Member

I am too scientific to believe in god. However if there happens to be one it is not as the one portrayed in the bible for if we are made in gods image (as a whole) then god is just as messed up as we are and has no right to make creatures as flawed as we. On the other hand if there is a god and is as depicted in the bible than I truly despise the being and would want nothing to do with it other than understand the purpose of all that is negative in the universe. Though there is no god, heaven, hell, elves, witches, zombies, or any other fantastic imaginative creatures or places that just happen to never be seen by, other than crazy people, and will never be proven either way due to their non existence in the first place. Ponder this: How do you prove that something exists that truly does not? Now disprove that same idea.

One of the most detrimental creations of man kind to our selves is religion, if you don't believe me try to tally the deaths caused by this idea compared to any other, if not all other, sources. As well as the money, corruption, and "sins of the flesh" associated with these holy empires.

14. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I believe there is some sort of God....but I don't know if it's the one from the bible or something more scientific.....
    I've had things happen with no earthly explanation .....
    I don't preach religion though and don't want people pushing it at me either...

15. Jacob1973

Jacob1973 Well-Known Member

I do believe that there is a God, and specifically a Christian GOD. Modern science falsely tries to say that there is no god, and yet there is many things that can only be explained by the explaination that there is a God. Science hasnt "disproved" this.

I do believe that there is 4 world views, and all are religious world views too. There is the 1) Christianity, 2) Islam, 3) Eastern/Naturalism religion (Budism, Hindu, Wicca, etc), 4) Secularism/Darwinsim/Communism (perhaps the most controversial).

I know that 4) opens up a can of worms, and I am sure that there is some that wont agree with me, but Secularism is in fact a religion. It is the belief that you are a religion upon yourself, and that only you can "guide" your life. Why should 3) (which says mostly that you are derived from nature) be declared a religion and not 4)?

The typical bash by secularists is that "religion" has caused a lot of misery over the centuries. But if you add up all the murders by Stalin/Lenin/Mao/Nazism, it adds up to over 120million people in past 100+ years, over 2 Billion under slave like conditions, and who knows how much misery. By and large, most wars ongoing around the world right now are in countries that the primary hostile forces are from 2), 3), and 4) ideologies. Modern Christians typically are the most attacked (physically, legally and culturally) of the four religious groups, by the other three religions.

I could go on with more facts, but I think I made my point.

16. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

And exactly what might these many things be?

17. Jacob1973

Jacob1973 Well-Known Member

I would say that it is more of a group of "scientists" that have the secularism ideology, and no matter what, believe that there is no god, and therefore try to spin their ideology as fact. I think its a bit of an ego trip, which exactly describes this religion.

A lot of this is shown in the "science" of darwinism. An example is radiocarbon dating. It is not a science when 3 of the 4 "facts" are in fact assumptions and "educated guesses". An example is the plutonium element which has a halflife of about 14,000 years, so how can you guess that a bone is billions of years old?

The atomic bomb tests of the 1950's have shown that radiation can spread, and become diluted. Many scientists thought it would be 10,000 years before it would be safe to step foot on the atol, but 50 years later, people occasionally, and mostly safely, can set foot there for short periods. Also, outside radiation sources, such as volcano eruptions and sediment, can taint the samples if the radiation from it can reach the sample.

These "scientists" are influencing their results with their beliefs. They dont want open debate because they are anti-"religion", and get angry when people have commonsense questions on the validity of their results. Its just easier for them to try to close the debate with wisecracks like "your just a radical religious nut".

18. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

You didn't address my question at all...

That was just a bash on science.

19. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Where's the sitting on the fence option? :laugh:, I wouldn't say I believe in god, but there's gotta be something bigger and better then this dump :( lol.

20. carekitty

carekitty Guest

Yes, I believe there is a God.

I also believe that everyone has the right to believe whatever they want.

What does bother me, are people who become angry towards those who choose to believe in God. If you don't, great, but why attack those who do? How are they harming you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.