Your desktop

Discussion in 'The Gameroom' started by resistance, Oct 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

What does your desktop look like? Try and show a pic by going to your desktop (minimizing or closing all windows), hit the 'print screen' button, then open up an imaging program and pasting it.

Here's mine right now:

2. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

My kitty cat :biggrin: *pokes my screen*

3. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

:laugh: i like your desktop resistance.. here's mine.. no prizes for guessing who it is ;)

4. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

awwww cute Jenny :tongue:
  5. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Woohoo! Another Firefox user. Firefox rox my fluffy pink sox.
  6. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Firefox rocks! :tongue: :biggrin:
  7. bunny

bunny Staff Alumni

heres my current one, it changes a lot tho....

8. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Awwww troubsey is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cat: :cat:
  9. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I have a neat desktop but am too technostupid to print it and bring it here!!:sad: :dry: :wink: :blink: :unsure:

least intelligent:sad:

I'm the 'dunciest' of all - can't even print screen my desktop! I'm glad this won't be on a test somewhere!
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2006
  10. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Dang did the screen shot, stuck it in paint, but can't get it to paste into SF.

I'm a dunce :dunno: :duh: :duh:
  11. Allo..

Allo.. Well-Known Member

i cant put it on here =( how ?? i did the print screen and saved it, but i cant get it on here =(
  12. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

Once you've saved it, go to and upload it there... with the url that comes up, choose one and paste it in here.

13. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

This is how I did it.. there may be easier, better ways but it worked for me :)
    • Go to your desktop and press Ctrl+Print Screen
    • Open up Paint (Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint)
    • Paste (either by pressing Ctrl + V, or go to 'Edit' and 'Paste')
    • Save this file as a JPEG file somewhere on your PC
    • Then go to Photobucket -
      Edit - Imageshack as per TDM's post above seems to be better as you don't need to register!
    • Where it says 'Upload Image', click on 'Browse' and find the file of your desktop that you have saved
    • Once it's been uploaded, you will see a mini version of the photo at the bottom of the screen. Underneath it will be 3 boxes - URL, Tag and Img.
    • Copy the "URL" text, e.g.
    • When replying to the thread here on SF, click on the little yellow button at the top of this window. It has mountains on it, and a sun in the background.. like this!
    • A new window will open up where you can paste the URL that you have copied.
    • And hey presto.. hopefully :blink:
  14. Dragon's Eye

Dragon's Eye Well-Known Member

Like Jenny said, is better cause it doesn't require any registration. Plus you can post thumbnails which is more 56k friendly.
  15. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

lmao sorry that made me laugh, especially 'technostupid' loooool :laugh:
  16. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

I always have wayyy too many icons on my desktop, and currently im operating with 3 toolbars lol. One I made myself and stumble upon.
  17. theleastofthese

too true, Vikki, too sad but true!:laugh: I may as well lmao too as I'm dumber than a sack of stones, I am!:wink: I don't need a dictionary or spell check as I have those in my head, but when it comes to techno-shit I'm as helpless as a newborn kitten. Jenny's instructions were neat and sweet and simple... and I'll STILL have to have my 17 yr old daughter stand next to me and tell me what to do and how to do it - or I'll ask HER to do it for her feeble old mother!:dry: I WILL swallow my aged pride and ask her to do it, just so I can have my damn desktop here where you all can see it! It's pretty and I'd like to share it if I weren't so "technically challenged", which is a polite way of putting it. I'll ask her to do it whenever she's able. How embarassing...:blink:

It's easier for me to memorize long poems and whole pages of a book than to follow seemingly simple instructions that I don't understand one whit!:wink: *sigh*

least indeed!
  18. theleastofthese

Ta Da!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~THE daughter
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2006
  19. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Oh least... you always have that way with words to make me smile whenever I read one of your posts (if it's one like this, of course... I don't smile at your posts when you're feeling low or helping out in the support sections etc.. even though when you're helping in the support sections you have a way with words that can make one feel a bit better.). I'm not sucking up, I just wanted to get across you're right about your in-brain dictionary. I'll stop before I dig a hole or something.. Anyway, I'm glad your daughters there! :hug:
  20. theleastofthese

Smart daughter is going to show you HER desktop in a minute. Ta Da!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.