Your Dreams and Aspirations

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Zurkhardo, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

We all have something in life to strive for, from the seemingly mundane to the seemingly fantastical. What are your goals and objectives in life? What do you want to achieve or be? It could be anything so long as it is honest and genuine!

Starting off, my dream is to work for the United Nations (or a humanitarian/peacekeeping oriented group, or even the U.S. State Department) and do something good for the world, whether it be through diplomacy, aid provisions, or really anything. Traveling the world is definitely a part of that dream.

Now you guys :)

2. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I want to be skinny. Not stupidly skinny, just healthily skinny.
    I want to have enough money to not always be struggling.
    I want to work with children or helping people.
    I want to get some qualifications and make something of myself.
    I want to join the Samaritans.

3. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Archeology.

I've wanted to study that sine I was first able to read.

4. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

ive got this story thats all finished but im just too scared to take it anywhere or show anyone. dont think i could handle the rejection or cruel critiscism. but one day when i can and some publisher accepts it id love to be able to go into a bookstore and watch someone buy it

id love to be a counsellor.. always have done but never felt stromg enough in myself to do it

and id love to get married someday

5. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

To live in Conneticut and do ministry work around that area, round New Jersey and stuff too. And to learn how to spell the state :laugh:

6. mixedemotions

mixedemotions Forum Buddy

I want to be a teacher.

But most of all, I want to be happy.

7. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I would like to be happy, be a normal person (though what is normal anyways)? Well, I'd like to be less abnormal than everyone else then I suppose. I would like to get married and have children and hopefully be a good father. When I was a child, I always thought I would have a "perfect, normal life" and I was actually completely capable of doing that. But something went horribly wrong somewhere along the line, and I've been just so sheltered and living almost in a prison and being cut off from the rest of the world and being underdeveloped and behind everyone else.

Recently, I'm feeling that I can never have children because I don't want them to have such a loser father as me who has had such an empty, boring and sheltered life and so I couldn't be the dad they deserve. If I'm to have children, I want to be the perfect dad. Just as how I'm wishing right now that my parent's had never conceived me, I'd be crushed if my children ever told me that.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2009
  8. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I'd like to make life better for people who have lost limbs.

I'd also like to not be lonely... even when I'm alone. I'd like to have a bunch of friends I can talk to should I need to. And a special friend, a wife perhaps, for when I need it most.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.