Your ethnic makeup?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by bluegrey, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I am a typical American mongrel of five different ethnicities- half Italian then one eighth each of Slovak, German, Irish and English. My girlfriend is also half Italian then a quarter each of Peruvian and Equadorian. I only know a few people of only one heritage. Are you a mongrel or a pure breed :smile: ?

2. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Pure breed :D Irish through and through!!! My roots are traced all over Ireland on my Mum and Dads side. Irish Irish Irish.

Too be honest it annoies me hughly when people say 'oh im irish' and really their ancestory is irish not them. Just cause you great great great great great grandmother had red hair or was born in Ireland does not make you Irish. A nationally isnt something that you can claim to be, its about so much more. Being Irish isnt just having an Irish passport. Sorry im rambling - i just feel strongly about it :( sorry.

3. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I'm a mongrel. Both of my parents are Zimbabwean originally, and I grew up in England. But as far as I know, we're Dutch, British, Cuban and South African also.

It's cool being a mongrel. :laugh:

4. sinnssykdom

sinnssykdom Banned Member

To be quite honest it's quite sad how little i know about my family. What i know of is being English and Norwegian. I am Canadian, but my dad is from England and as far as i know his parents are english too. At one time i thought my dad's dad (i dont call him grandpa/grandfather because i never met him....and i dont know im weird) was scotish but turns out he was only born there but apparently his parents(greatgreatgrandparents?) liked to travel so yea.... i geuss that doesnt really count as being scottish then. So just english on my dad's side that i know of and dont know anything about my grandma on my dads side i just assume english too....

My mom was born in Canada too, but my grandma is from Norway and my grandpa is also english as far as i know.

That's pretty much the extent i know. I thought about doing the geneology thing but it makes it difficult because my dad's dad changed his name... i think he changed it back later on but it's still confusing and also not to mention i don't even know the name of half of my reletives! I know it's truly pathetic, my family just really hasn't talked or educated me(or my siblings) about our background which i find almost sad in away. Also i find it just kind of awkward to be like 'heyy... so um where's grandpa from?' or 'So um... where's your mom from?' I geuss i should suck that up and just ask before it's too late though!

5. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

I'm 1/4 Irish, 1/4 Scottish, 1/16 Sioux Indian, and the rest is a mish-mash of (as far as I can tell) English, German, Swedish and French with probably more in there that I don't know about.

In other words, my family was (predominately) poor immigrants from Europe! Yay! I'm a stereotypical American.

6. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

I was born French, but my mother's pure descendence's from Spain. My father is or French (and????? others I don't know), or American (+ dutch, european, others?).

So I'm a very mixed breed and I like it :biggrin::sparkle:

7. morfea

morfea Antiquities Friend

I have Croatian, Serbian, Hungarian and Italian genes and feel lucky becuase of it, most of time. Two of these - Croats ans Serbs were in war not so long ago and it was very difficult at that time. I think that having different origins makes people more tolerant, please don't get me wrong, there are many 'pure breeeds' that are tolerant as well, some even more, I'm just reffering to the recent war.

8. pither

pither Well-Known Member

I'm a bit of a mixed bag myself haha

1/4 Irish 1/4 German 1/4 English and the rest is anybodies guess really =/

9. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I am bout 1 half English, the rest is a mixture of German, Irish, polish, and Swiss.

10. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Dad's side Irish with a Jamaican great great great grandmother in there somewhere.
    Mum's side English, Jewish, Spanish and French :laugh: (obviously mum's side liked to put it about) :laugh:

11. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

:rofl:

---

I'm mostly Dutch. I've got like a mix of everything though. French, English, Welsh, German.

12. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

100% Portuguese as far as I know

People in the Portuguese countryside tended to keep to themselves most of the time (in contrast with those in the shoreline who explored the whole world in Caravels) so most families coming from the countryside (like both my parent's) tend to be 100% portuguese.

13. Zoe

Zoe Well-Known Member

I'm half Spanish.

14. wibble

wibble Well-Known Member

Irish/English halfbreed.

15. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Heinz 57. A little bit of everything.

16. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

"Pure".

17. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I'm 100% Swedish. But I have Romanian ancestors from a long time ago (hundreds of years) and some of my great-grandparents' siblings immigrated to America.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.