Your first name and how it relates to your life

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Rolo555, Sep 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rolo555

Rolo555 Well-Known Member

My first name, ...... I don't know anyone who has my first name. There is really only one famous person within the last 200 years to have my name as their first name. That person committed suicide. Not only that both this famous person and me have a similar interest. Maybe I am him in this life. I feel depressed.

Funny thing is, the name means "to conquer". I wish I did. Funny thing is before I found out what my name means, I have day dreams and thinking about being some sort of ruler on earth. Wishing the world was the way I see it.

Anyone else care to share what their name means in life.
  2. Trance

Trance Well-Known Member

My something my father made up. I love my name because not only is it beautiful but it is unique to only me (as far as I'm aware).

Sometimes i do hate my name though because my father took the time to name me and yet could still put me through hell.
  3. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

my name means nothing to me.
  4. 12years

12years Well-Known Member

I got my name because my mom didn't know how to spell a fairly common name. It looks cooler and often gets a nod of approval from people who deal with my applications, but otherwise it means nothing to me.
  5. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

My name is Mike.
    I'm happy with this name.
    People often call me Mikey.
  6. Silver_Wasp

Silver_Wasp Member

Dan. It had always seemed like a good name for others. Every other Dan I've ever known was good looking, strong, kind... But When I call myself Dan, I feel like I ruin it. When I hear it from others, I imagine they are speaking negatively about, "That fat kid, Dan..."

That's what my name means to me.
  7. emozillapwnsyourface

emozillapwnsyourface Well-Known Member

My Name Is Crystal, But I Dont Know What It Means Really.
  8. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

when i was young i hated being called benjamin and always insisted on being called ben, over time ive actually grown to like the name benjamin, more than ben itself, i have come to think ben is almost embarrassing, i would feel embarrassed saying my name is ben to an arab, although i still generally use it for ease, although in my work only people close to me call me ben.
    As for my middle name....i only use it now as part of my legal identity (similar to the freeman movement yet VASTLY different.) only being used when filling in contracts under common law (i.e Benjamin-K***: A*****n)
  9. twc

twc Well-Known Member

My first name is just rare enough so that I don't hear it very often. But it is not unique.

I used to feel sorry for people who have very common names, but now I realize it's all relative.

I dated someone who didn't like her first name because it was so common. She went by her middle name with me. When we broke up, she went back to her first name. :mad:
  10. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

i'm named after an elvis costello song. ha.
  11. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

Nila-Rose, I think it sounds like a hookers name. Nila is the sanskrit word for indigo plant, which makes a blue dye, or can be the word for the colour blue itself, Rose is a rose :dry: therefore my name means Blue Rose...oh sounds like a strip club!! we have a hooker and a strip joint!!
  12. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I received my name from my Godfather, an Irish-American and my Father's best friend. Denis is derived from the Greco-Roman god Dionysus, the god of wine which is extremely appropriate considering how rampant alcoholism is in my family.

I like my name, I don't like most else about myself.
  13. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Vivian means lively. I'm not very lively most of the time. For fun my mom calls me Vivian the amphibian. :)
  14. Lady Byron

Lady Byron Well-Known Member

Adriana is my middle name. It's my identity. No one calls me by my first name cause it just doesn't fit. I've met a couple of people with my name, but I get a lot of, "So many people have your name." But oh well :smile:. I think my mom liked my name and decided that would be my middle name and then my dad liked my first name so BAM! I was named. I like it now, but I used to hate it.
  15. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

My another name mean frozen ice. Another is for honor of my grandmother. Another mean my happy childhood. Then my school start and i came mentally dead.
  16. Mandyrose

Mandyrose Member

My name is Mandy which means "worthy of love". I always thought, what a cruel joke. My middle name is Rose, and by the way, I think Nila-Rose is a beautiful name!

Actually, a lot of the names listed above are quite nice.
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

The year I was born, my name was the most popular in the country. My parents must have bought a book of popular names and picked what was number one. At school there were six of us with the same name on one table. If I have kids I'll give them unique names like Wingmister Leopold Humphries. For some reason fate has determined that this won't happen, perhaps it's just as well.
  18. pit

pit Well-Known Member

My name is Pit coz usually I'm in the pits.
  19. sucidalgirl99

sucidalgirl99 Well-Known Member

My name is Mahya, and it means moon and life in Arabic. It means magic in Spanish also.
  20. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

My name is Pedro, the portuguese version of Peter.

It's a preety common name in Portugal, not the most common, but easily heard.

It comes from the Greek Petroculus meaning "tough" or "hard as stone".

I don't think my parents named me after anything in particular, I guess it could be anything.

It doesn't mean all that much to me. Only thing that comes to mind is how tough a time most foreigns (english speakers in particular) have in speaking it correctly lol.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.