Your most inpractical cut?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Anamnesis., Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anamnesis.

Anamnesis. Active Member

This title might confuse you, but I didn't really know how to word it any better so I apologize. What I mean is, where is the strangest place/time you have ever cut? I.e. the mall, school, your living room while other people are there. Anwywere or anytime that you weren't by yourself; please share. This isn't met as a showcasing of how brave or gutsy you are :wink: , just to share about what extremes some people are going to.

The strangest place I've cut is at school, in the classroom while class is in session. So I have around 20-30 kids sitting all around me. Kids in my school have enough, how should I say this? "Understanding" not to go blabbing to the teacher that some kind is cutting himself in class so I feel pretty comfortable doing it there. If I get frustrated with something I'll just move to the back of the class and go to work. When I get an urge I have to do it right there and then, or if I can't I have to wait until lunch and then I start getting really agitated and pissy.

2. Miss_D

Miss_D Member

I know theres gonna be lots like this, but honestly at school, a couplea times but never anythin too serious. Worst time was when I was on the tailend of a breakdown and the very last thing I wanted anyone to see was me crying. I just started dragging my nail across my thumb until it bled, an odd little cut to explain to anyone who saw it, but it did its job. Im pretty sure the assistant teacher we had for the day saw it as well, which didnt help the feeling of awkwardness <_<

3. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

i was in a pub with my then boyfriend and my then best mate and was seriously considering OD'ing. I went to the toilets to cut and followed me in to make sure I was safe, insisted on sitting with me while I did it...that's the only time I've ever let anyone see me do it.

4. Anamnesis.

Anamnesis. Active Member

Wow, I've never heard of people letting others watch - at least in the case where it was serious self harm and not to just look "cool" in front of friends(usually only associated with teenagers) - That must have been incredibley awkward for you, but at least your friend has enough care to make sure you're safe doing it, I admire you for having such a friend. But wow, I culd never imagine doing it infront of a friend or in the presence of a friend who knew what I was doing.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2007
  5. Lost Disciple

Lost Disciple Well-Known Member

Once when I was pretty pissed at some friends of mine who were a couple years older, because although one of them was really nice, the other one (who claimed to be a closer friend) always cut me down and wouldn't let me participate in almost anything they did. Anyway, one of these times Justin said I could go ahead and join them and Josh said no... I had a fancy pin-type device on me and I started doing it right there. I had a hoodie on, so it was halfway concealed, and they were too busy warming up and doing their practice sequences to pay any attention to me (if you're wondering, it was swordfighting stuff). So yeah, I was pretty close to getting caught, and I didn't even care. There were at least 10 people in this room with nothing better to do than talk with each other (but not me) and none of them noticed. I felt pretty alone.

And once, recently, I cut deeper than ever before and called a friend while I was doing it because I knew I wasn't thinking straight but I couldn't help myself. So I was on the phone and I just kept opening it, and opening it, and opening it... I'm not sure if it counts as an impractical place, but it sure was a stupid situation.

6. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Anamnesis.- is was very awkward but i had no choice...right at that moment i was going to cut or take the pills i was holding. at the time i thought she was a great friend and i doubt i would have agreed to it if it was anyone else.....have since found out she is not a good friend, in fact not even a friend :dry:

7. I was so angry at my mum once that she came into my room and I had a blade ready to cut, grabbed it and slashed it across my arm a few times, she just stood their, shocked and gobsmacked, she started crying, i said 'THEIR, HAPPY? I BLEED FOR YOU, THAT WHAT U WANTED?', so she ran off and cried for hours. I felt so guilty, but i was only 10 or something, i had no control over myself with selfharm, i just, lost it i guess.

8. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

(((((((Sarah))))))) I cant imagine ever cutting infront of my parents. I went mad enough when my mum saw my scars :unsure: ....... Though trust me, they sometimes drive me so mad that its ALL i want to do:dry:

9. Anamnesis.

Anamnesis. Active Member

Oh, I'm sorry about your friend. I know what it feels like to have your best friend stab you in the back, or cause the friendship to terminate in some less than desired manner. One time I had a friend who I considered my brother and for some reason he started hating me and trying to make my life hell becuase I hit him in the face with a piece of pumpkin :dry: .

I don't really care if my dad sees my scars, or current cuts. I think he has even seen them too becuase one night (ironically) I was typing something for this forum and I didn't have a shirt on so my arm was exposed (and I've got cuts all over it mingled with scars) and he walked in and it was pretty much impossible for him not to notice. He didn't say anything about them, but I would hate it for my mom to see since I know how much she cares about me.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2007
  10. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Aww I'm sorry *hugs*
    **deleted**

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2007
  11. Anamnesis.

Anamnesis. Active Member

Ouch, that's a lot for a person to swallow :wink: . Well now I'm a lot more careful about who I choose to be my friends. I take making friends much slower than I use to, if I'm interested in befriending someone I may watch them for up to months before I even choose to make contact lol. I guess that's why I've turned into such a loner ever since then. But I guess being a loner isn't all that bad. Have you changed any of your friend finding ways since then?

12. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

This happened very recently. Started last october and came to a head last month. Though up until yesterday me and her were still arguing....so not yet. I'm not as trusting anymore :dry:

13. Anamnesis.

Anamnesis. Active Member

Ah, I see. Well it doesn't hurt one bit to be as skeptic about people as possible, it saves you a lot more hurts and back stabbings.

14. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

One time I was angry and I grabbed a knife and slashed my arm. It required a trip to the local hospital for stitches. The Doctor told me that I was very lucky as I could have lost of use of my arm.

15. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Not a serious cut but i have done it while on the phone with someone but cutting isn't my way of selfharming. I have actually self harmed while on skype 3 - 4 times. Guess it makes me feel like im not doing it behind peoples backs or something. I dunno.

16. Sometimes if i'm at a party and I shift the other way I go around the corner with a piece of glass i've got in a little pouch (I can't believe the thing has lasted so long). But that's not so much for the release but also so they dont have to put up with me isolating myself and crying or going off or anything like that.
    Probably the most inpractical (though some may think different cause of it's location) was in a hospital bed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.