Your Signature and what it means.

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by TheWr0ngChild, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

So, I'm fed up of reading all these awsome siggys and not having a clue what your on about, so lets share!

Mine is the chorus line from the Pearl Jam song Tremor Christ.
  2. AlexDanish

AlexDanish Account Closed

Mine are generally phrases from songs... Right now, it's lyrics to The Polygraph Cheaters by This Is Hell. And of course, a link to my Last.Fm page.
  3. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

I wouldn't say mine is awesome :laugh:

Basically though:
    The ''Abacus XXI'' bit, is just me thinking it'd be cool to have my name in Roman numerals. I think I've had that there for at least 18 months or so.
    The next is simply a link to Samaritans, in case anyone wants to get in touch with them.
    The big bit of text, is an inspiring bit I heard on an Aussie suicide prevention advert.
    The free hugs campaign is something that I think is pretty neat - hugs are always good!
    And, the final few things are just awesone one-liners that I've heard by members on MSN / chat / forum etc.
  4. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

The bit saying Beaks is coz my nicknames Beaks
    The R.I.P Chris bit is obvious.
    and last bits are lyrics from DJ Ironik - Stay. Just found the lyrics nice.
  5. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

It's from Mausoleum by the Manic Street Preachers. The song itself is more about how easy it is for humanity to forgive its own sins and carry on as if absolution is automatic, after a set period of time. I just like those lines as they are a reminder that there are people suffering now and who have suffered in the past but have been unjustly ignored by those who think themselves to be good and moral.
    A Pearl Jam fan, on my SF? :eek:hmy:
    Reading the lyrics to Corduroy in some guy's sig, years ago, made me get interested in listening to music again.
  6. Dzinger18

Dzinger18 Member

Mine is a section of lyrics from the song "Dead Boy's Poem" by the Finnish symphonic metal band, Nightwish. The song has a very deep and personal meaning to me, along with many other songs by the band. I find they're lyrics very easy to relate to.
  7. PeaceBlueFire

PeaceBlueFire Well-Known Member

My quotes are random taking from various places that seemed fitting at different points in my life. The one is from Winnie The Pooh, but it reminds me of my loved ones who are so far away that I could never live without. The second one reminds me of my closest friend. I would die of a broken heart if I had to life without him. He's pulled me through so much. The third quote is I find to be absolutely true. Everyone hears your voice when you speak but nothing more. They neither pay attention nor care what you have to say. Friends pay attention to what what you have to say. They listen and even have remnants of caring. Best Friends on the other hand read between the lines and letters of what you say. They know when you are being truthful and honest to both yourself and them. They are the best the world can offer.
  8. Destined to fly---- need I say more?? The last bit if just about being unable to ever get away from all my problems as the real problem is myself, and of course you cannot hide or escape from you're own shadow.
  9. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

Yes indeed :smile:
  10. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

Mine is a quote from my all time favourite film: Schindlers List. When that line comes, it always makes me cry. Oh...I'm starting just thinking about

Other bit: pretty obvious. :laugh:
  11. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Mine's from the Bible obviously lol.
    I like it because we should all stop taking ourselves so seriously and be as we were as children.
  12. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

I believe two of the lines in my sig are lines from a song...nine inch nails and linking park, but I don't pay attention and I made it a looong time ago so I can't remember!
  13. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Lyrics from a Paramore song.
    Mims name and the date she was killed and RIP for Sarah.
  14. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Aishiteru mean I'm in love with you in Japanese.
    Lyrics from the song Courage by Superchick
    Protege Moi is the name of a song and it means protect me in French.
  15. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Lryics from 1st Lady - Missing you for my Nan

In memory of two great souls.

To the love of my life

A message to some of the most important people to me.
  16. XXXXX

XXXXX Antiquities Friend

I've forgotten :tongue:
  17. patacake

patacake Well-Known Member

The first two lines are about my kids , amazing that amount of love doesnt warm the world really but it warms me and gives me purpose .

the what does nt kill u - is a phrase my two irish grandparents paddy and jean used, and its very true too !!

the cake bit is my own personal slogan - as im known for being awake :tongue:

frank and harry and me all joined within a few weeks of each other and are awesome buddies :biggrin:
  18. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

It's from a song called lollaby by Leandra.... I love her voice.
  19. Juliaa

Juliaa Well-Known Member

it's a song i wrote a few weeks ago,
    just about what i was feeling..
  20. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

It's self-explanatory
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.