your thoughts on this?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by faithless, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. faithless

faithless Member

so this is my second to last year of highschool, and I messed it up completely to the point where I know no university would accept me. Next year's no good either considering applications are sent out mid to end of the first semester, and so even if I do pick myself up again it'd all be for nothing.

Now I'm not sure why, but this has made me seriously consider suicide. I mean, I'm at the point where I'm trying to figure out how to explain this and trying to work out how I can do it. I dont think leaving a note with "dont take this personally, I just screwed up the whole IB diploma thing for me" would be fair.

Anyways, I'm not on this site for advice on how to "do it". Wanting to do it badly, I'll find a way. I'm just still very surprised by this. Ive had suicidal thoughts for a long time now and to be honest this is not what I thought would make me finally take it seriously. And when I think about it logically I know that its ridiculous, there's more to life than just going to university, and its so superficial (I mean we've got people killing themselves for much more [not saying that this made it right, but it makes me doing it even more "wrong"]). I think I'm rambling, so I'll get to the point. Is this normal, or am I right to feel a bit weird (and slightly ungrateful, I'll admit) about this? I need togr
    get some sleep. Goodnight everyone.
  2. Patch

Patch Well-Known Member

University application can be an extremely stressful time for people, especialy if you're feeling unprepared. Please recognize that you're feeling this way because of your situation, but that your situation will pass. There are always night classes/summer school/weekend classes and extra help to get your average up.
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello Faithless,I am glad you came to the forum. Everyone here are alot a like. For one thing we either are suicidal or we have already tried and found out the forum is better.
    I personally am glad you are hear. We all need that support to continue to live. The one thing you need to keep in mind is if you do it, then thats all she wrote you are dead and you can't change your mind. I have been fighting the battle for fourteen years. I just recently have lost myself again. I keep getting angry, short fused, trying to run off my family because I want to be completely alone. That is how I handle this I have isolated all these years in my bedroom. That way I have know human interaction. Having the computer sort of gave me a new voice. As you can tell, I tend to run off at the mouth.
    Well that is enough about me, How about you. Is there anymore information you want to share with us so we can get a better Idea who you are??:chopper:
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You still have time to help yourself out with high school since you have another year. Also you can go a different route than straight to university or college. Community colleges are not as stringent in requirement to be accepted to attend. After you have successfully completed a semester at a community college, most colleges and universities will accept you, so don't give up because you feel you cannot go on beyond high school. There are other options for you to explore. What you are feeling is not so odd. it stems from feeling ,ike a failure. Pick yourself back up and turn it into a success.
  5. janie

janie Well-Known Member

students in japan try for the same university 2-3 times before they get in- and thats considered normal O_O. but yeah its normal - i felt like my life was over when i didnt get into what i wanted to do in uni too
  6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Faith and welcome...all of us screw something up at one time or another...that is just being human...and considering how you were feeling, it is not surprising...sometimes, we just have to draw a line in the sand, so to say, and move on...look ahead and try to do your best...that is all anyone can of luck and plez continue to post and let us know how you are feeling...big hugs, J
  7. mdancey

mdancey Member

hi Faith,

Have you considered doing what we call here in Canada 'The Victory Lap'? Ontario eliminated grade 13 a few years ago and since then many Grade 12 students decide to go back and do 12 again.....well not again different courses/classes to get their marks up. Here the Universities and Colleges look at the best 12 of 16 marks from the previous 2 years. There is soooo much pressure by your peers, parents, teachers and others (including yourself I suspect) to make a decision that will effect the rest of your life. So what if it takes another year to get'll get there.

Take care and try not to be so hard on yourself.

8. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Go to a local junior/community college and get into a transfer program. I did two years of transferable courses toward a bachelor's in biochemistry and then went to a big university for the last two years. Saved myself thousands that way.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.