Your thoughts?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Breathe, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breathe

Breathe Well-Known Member

I have quit my college course :/
    My attendance was screwed up, they said i wasnt there when i was and my mates there could vouch for me. They hated my work and the subject of it so downmarked it because of it and told me that was the reason. They humilated me, and talked down to me. I hated it so i stopped going.
    I want to go on JSA so then i get some help looking for a job, a full time one till i get my life together. in the last two weeks i have attended 3 interviews but no such luck they all want experience. My parents Child benefits for me are going to stop soon so they will find out. I had to fight to get on this course with them in the first place now i have quit. They are goingto be mad but its my life. How do i tell them? :S what should i expect?

2. Breathe

Breathe Well-Known Member

I am moving out in christmas anyway hopefully, me and my fiancee are hopefully moving in together.

Please can someone reply ASAP??

3. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

Hello Kat!

Sorry that this happened. I don't know if there is an easy way to break it to your parents, maybe explain what happened via email?

I don't know how the system works in the UK, but maybe there is a way to protest what they did to you in your class.

4. Suizide

Suizide Member

I'm 30 and haven't even made it to college yet :grr: Go for your passions in life, nothing less because it will never be enough.

5. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

Hey Kat, I'm sorry things have gone this way, but it's your life and you control what happens in it. Yes, your parents might be upset, but that's because they will worry about you finding a job, etc. I think the best thing to do is just tell them stright out and 'face the music'. Explain that you do know what you're doing, and show that you're actively looking for a job and are not going to become a lazy bum. Try not to take anything they say to heart, because they probably will be upset and angry, but only at first; they'll come round.

Also, I feel I have to warn you - I quit my course at uni a few years ago and because I had quit myself I was not eligible for JSA. I don't know if the system has changed, but be aware that you might not get JSA.

Mim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.