Godsdrummer

If you think people would be better off if you died-Your'e Wrong
If you think no one loves you-Your'e Wrong
If you think we don't care about you-Your'e Wrong
If you think there is no point in living anymore-Your'e Wrong
If you think you have no strength and you can't go on-Your'e Wrong

G

Godsdrummer

Because, I have been where you are. Doesnt make a difference what paths we have followed. All I wanted was my shit to end. I only trusted the emotions of sadness pain and despair. They were the only ones that seemed real to me.

I was at the literal end of a rope my friend.

But....that was then. My life has turned around so much....that I know...that regardless, suicide is not the way out.

And I also know....because I felt everyone of those things. I thought everyone of those things. I LIVED EVERYONE OF THOSE THINGS.

So my friend, clearly, I do.

kombatx

Well, as man forms his reality, when a person thinks such things it IS the reality for him.

Because if it wasn't so, he'd be in some other place with other thoughts)

Chargette

I remember my Daddy strongly saying "You're Wrong," at people and at me when I was a little girl.

When I grew up, I knew a man who did the same thing.

These words are difficult for me.

ODIECOM

couldnt have put it better than kimbatx.

as the other posts are very good as well, that one brings a very good point.
we convince ourself of our beliefs .. even if they are unfounded.

many ppl in our position, feel that no one cares. i, just like the others, know its not true. ppl do care.

we get to the point where we are offering ourself the "go ahead" to commit suicide. we are responding to OUR reality.

we have convinced ourself. once that is one, nothing anyone says will make a differance.
its called the anger thing. we become angry because no one seems to understand, or no one will offer any help. what we dont understand is, most friends and family dont like the hearing about those things and do their best to shut them out. i found out that, even though i didnt believe it ... PPL DO CARE. we simply dont like to admit it because it will give us reasonable doubt about commiting suicide.

there never will be any options because we wont allow ourself to see them.
i thought i didnt have any either. i was wrong.

i understand how folks that have serious illnessess can create that mindset. i have no answers for that. im not in that position so i cant understand their pain. if i said i could, i would be lying.

many issues take time to get over. im still fighting. i dont know why. but i believe there is something out there for me. i just havnt found it yet ... or maybe i have. sometimes were to blind with emotions to see it.

odies thoughts

WldHair

It's true that it's wrong.

The hard part is believing it.

The problem with depression and other disorders which causes suicidal tendencies is getting the body, mind and heart to agree. For instance, when I was at my darkest, I forced myself to go walk on the beach. It didn't make me feel better because I was too deep in. I could look at the sky and I knew logically it was beautiful, it was my favorite beach, that everything around me was gorgeous, luxurious houses, clean, pristine beach, the beautiful blue sky. But my body couldn't feel it, my heart wasn't in it. I tried everything physically, mentally and spiritually possible to change and like a storm, I just had to wait for it to pass. Now I've finally found the right medication and it's better and now all three parts to myself can agree on the beauty.

The thing that helps is to acknowledge the truth. Say, people do care, but I can't believe that right now. That when I say to myself that people don't care, even though I don't believe it, I know this is a lie.

This is hard when people are spiraling downwards or in the middle of the storm. I had people telling me all these positive things but they have little or no affect. The only way people can deal is to be brave enough to go through the dark night and to resist the urge to give in to it.

bhawk

Clearly pressumptious but thanks for the effort anyway!

Kaos General

well thank you for letting everyon know your doing well, but too be honest i find this a bit self obsessive. Great your doing well, but to basically say we are wrong??? Please never write words like that on a suicide thread again. Its words i never wanna hear when i am suicidal. Ok lets disprove everyone of your points right now.

If you think no one loves you-Your'e Wrong (well clearly you dont know me because i am on my own in london with no family so No no one loves me.)

If you think we don't care about you-Your'e Wrong you wrote that no-one else, so who is we?? Is it the figurative "we" that i keep hearing?? People dont care its just a word people over use like yourself, obviously.

If you think there is no point in living anymore-Your'e Wrong well that suggests to me you know me personally. I have no family or friends because at different points of my life they have died so whats my point of living then??? you wrote this thread so i assume you know.

If you think you have no strength and you can't go on-Your'e Wrong I am 26 years and have had to be strong for 24 years ever since my mum died for my sisters, for my friends, for my family and now they are all dead so strength?? i lost my will to live a while ago

My advice to you is never become a counsellour or a psychologist, you will get eaten alive

12years

If you think there is no point in living anymore-Your'e Wrong well that suggests to me you know me personally. I have no family or friends because at different points of my life they have died so whats my point of living then??? you wrote this thread so i assume you know.
If I had no specific person to live for, I'd pack my bag and fly to Africa--hopefully with enough money to make a difference. I may not have a point in living, but other people do. The least I could do before I die would be to help them live their lives to the fullest.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I am sorry you have suffered so much and i could only hope you are getting therapy to deal with all this tragedy You are only 26 yrs old so much time to get therapy to get to a place to deal with all you went through. With the right therapy a good therapist you can get help I hope you do take care.

G

Godsdrummer

well thank you for letting everyon know your doing well, but too be honest i find this a bit self obsessive. Great your doing well, but to basically say we are wrong??? Please never write words like that on a suicide thread again. Its words i never wanna hear when i am suicidal. Ok lets disprove everyone of your points right now.

If you think no one loves you-Your'e Wrong (well clearly you dont know me because i am on my own in london with no family so No no one loves me.)

If you think we don't care about you-Your'e Wrong you wrote that no-one else, so who is we?? Is it the figurative "we" that i keep hearing?? People dont care its just a word people over use like yourself, obviously.

If you think you have no strength and you can't go on-Your'e Wrong I am 26 years and have had to be strong for 24 years ever since my mum died for my sisters, for my friends, for my family and now they are all dead so strength?? i lost my will to live a while ago

My advice to you is never become a counsellour or a psychologist, you will get eaten alive

My friend.....where do I begin?

Not self obsessive. Rather....I put up posts like these as road maps. People here are terribly lost, as I was once. And I think that sometimes, people need to be reminded that things are not always as bad as it could be.

I personally know guys who were homeless, living out of their cars, drunk off the ass all the time, and they turned it around too, even when they thought all hope was lost.

And...btw, I am still not completely better. There is still a chance I might do it myself at some point. But I am better today than I was, and if I can help people, by giving them something to think about, I am going to do it.

Your first 2 points. We, us, here at SF, really truly do care about you and actually yes we do love you. Even though, we don't know you. Why, because you are a fighter. You have come to this forum, when you could have just offed yourself, right.

When no one else in the world gives a damn, we will. I do. Truly, I do.

As for the last 2 points, why not live, for yourself? So what if you have no one around you atm. Are you pyshic? Do you know for sure that tomorrow won't be better than today? Do you know for sure, that there isnt someone who you might meet next week or next month or next year, that you will fall in love with?

Live for yourself. Be strong for yourself. You are worth it. We are worth at least that much.

Last edited:

worlds edge

I must admit when I first read it, it did rile me and I started typing a very sarcastic reply. Which reflects poorly on me and not fps, I admit. However while my initial, rather visceral reaction was not the proper way to respond, upon reflection I think it was based upon at least a kernel of truth. As in, while I don't doubt that that was posted with the best of intentions, it strikes me as (a) patronizing and (b) cliched.

Patronizing in the sense that -- as others pointed out -- you're claiming knowledge you do not have about the personal lives of everyone who read that. In fact, you seem to be claiming you have more knowledge of everyone's situation than they have themselves. Which is certainly peculiar, if it is nothing else beyond that.

Cliched in the sense that I've personally been hearing variations on this tune for going on 30 years now. Once upon a time I might have bought into it, at least to a degree, but not these days. I'm uncertain if others feel as I do on this second point, perhaps it was news to them. But it wasn't to me.

G

Godsdrummer

Well while I appreciate everyone's inputs, I certainly was not trying to be patronizing.

I claim no knowledge on anyone's personal condition. That would make me God, and let me assure everyone, I certainly am not near anywhere close to that.

I would like the topic closed. It cleary didnt have the intent I wanted it to or hoped it would.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00