yup another one....

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by traurig, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. traurig

traurig New Member

hi there. i don't really know what to say here.... and honestly I'm unsure where to try posting (this forum is rather large). so.... today I get home from work to find that my fiance has sliced his arm apart. well actually I guess it was yesterday. i took him to the hospital and waited around there for hours. but i had to get home to my kids. so i didn't get to talk with any doctors or anything. basically i don't know whats going on yet. he wasn't in critical condition. but I don't know what the heck is going to happen... how long he's going to be there... the extent of the damage he did to himself... so forth. I'm 4 months pregnant with his child too. and I just don't know what to think or what to do. therefore.... I came here cause I can't sleep and I don't know what else to do.

thanks for taking the time to read this.
  2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. :)
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey sorry you are so confused and hurt over your husbands actions. He is in alot of pain. I hope they keep him in hospital to get him some help. Someone that self harms does not always tell they are embarrassed as something in their past has not been resolved. When he gets home try to talk quietly with him and when he is ready hopefully he can explain to you why he is in all the pain he is in. You need to take care of you as well as the undue stress on you is not good for your pregnacy. Try to sleep okay the hospital will take care of yur husband now get him the help he needs. take care of you.
  4. shades

shades Staff Alumni

You can find help here for almost anything you want to talk about. I wasn't sure from reading your post whether the wound is self-inflicted or an accident. Might make a difference in how people react.

Violet thinks it's self-inflicted and if you are here I guess that's probably what happened. I agree that you need to take care of yourself right now and allow the hospital, md's and pdocs. to take care of him for now.

Please let us know how he is progressing...I think you will find some solace here!

5. traurig

traurig New Member

Hi again. Thanks all. Sorry if I didn't make too much sense my last post. Yes he did slice himself with a razor blade. He told me he tried to kill himself. I did sleep a couple hours after I posted. This morning I called the hospital again to try figuring out whats going on.... I was transferred all over the place without anyone telling me anything... then finally he got on the phone. They had moved him into the psych ward and he's scheduled for surgery sometime... no one knows when. He said they haven't told him much of anything, but that he did a lot of damage to his arm. He's still living though so.... could be worse right. He might have lost feeling in a few of his fingers... I have no idea whats really going on. They told him I could come in around noon and try to visit him. So I called off work cause I work at a pharmacy and in my state of mind I'll accidentally give some poor patient the wrong drug and kill them. Better I just take off for today.

so.... that's all I know so far. Thanks again you all for being there. I'll search around this forum some more sometime soon and maybe get him to check it out when ever I can bring him home... when he feels up to it.
  6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

:hug: Welcome to SF! I'm so sorry for what you're going through.
  7. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

hi traurig i'm sorry your going through this tough time. i hope we can help you with support. welcome to sf :hug:
  8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I am sorry to hear about your fiancee. I hope he gets the help he needs. You may find you need support in dealing with the aftermath, too. Don't be afraid to seek it. We are here if you need someone to listen. :hug:
  9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Taurig, welcome to sf. I'm sorry you're struggling, I hope we can help. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.