Zoloft.

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by aao, Dec 6, 2012.

1. aao

aao Well-Known Member

Hi.

So, I was taking Prozac and it didn't do much, so my psychiatrist now put me on Zoloft. I was wondering if someone could share some experiences regarding this drug. Did it work? How did it make you feel? What about side effects?

Thanks in advance.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Zoloft in the beginning gave me nausea and hot spells actually but it took anxiety away

3. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Worked a treat for my anxiety. Unfortunately it triggered hallucinations with me but that's because I don't have a clear cut depression. Zoloft is a pretty good anti depressant. I didn't have any side effects when I took it.

4. mackaroni

mackaroni Well-Known Member

It has been the best antidepressant to work for me coupled with a mood stabilizer.

I was taking it at bedtime and it actually kept me from sleeping. Once I switched to the morning dose I was able to sleep.

I am also on the max dose 200mg per day which took awhile to get to that level, but have been on that dose for almost a full year and had a great reduction in symptoms!

Good luck!

5. octopod

octopod Active Member

Best antidepressant I've ever taken. No side effects except shaky hands at the beginning. I had a good almost 2 years on 50 mg and just recently went up to 75 mg. I don't like to think about maxing out on this drug and having to try something else.

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I have several friends that Zoloft made a remarkable difference in. I know many medical professionals start with this med as it is one that is fairly successful with few side effects for the majority of people.