Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Spearmint, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Anyone here on Zoloft?
  2. Nessarose

Nessarose Well-Known Member

Yeah. I'm still massively depressed. 200mg, maybe that's too low. To be fair, I often neglect my medication, so I can't say it's not helping me until I take it regularly. I have a pillbox and my family are giving me one day's dosage at a time now, and they'll be seeing it every night to know if I took them or not. Sometimes my mom puts them in my mouth herself so I don't hide them. Anyway, rambling. Zoloft: good? I'm not sure yet. How have you been doing with it, or did you just start it?
  3. Spearmint

I've only been taking it for about two weeks, they have me on 50 mg, and I'm not sure if it's helping any. So I was just wondering if it had helped/was helping anyone else.
  4. Nessarose

Nessarose Well-Known Member

Ah, okay. I hope it helps you. It can be hard to find the right medications, but hopefully Zoloft will work for you. Also, I'm sure it helps me more than I realize, as sporadically as I take it. I haven't self-harmed since I've been on it.
  5. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

Hey hun,
    Zoloft has helped me a great deal while taking it, dunno why my docs always change my meds. To be honest what i realized is that therapy with my clinical psychologist has helped me more then any meds i ever took.
  6. Spearmint

I haven't self harmed since I've been on it either. Thank you for your replies/opinions. :smile:

My docs have changed mine three times within the past month and a half. :unsure: Anyways, thank you for your reply and experience with it. :smile:

I guess the only thing I can do is hope it works.
  7. graycloud

graycloud Member

I was on it about 10 months. Shortly after I started taking it I started having panic attacks which to me was worse than the depression. The doctor told me the Zoloft doesn’t or wasn't causing the panic attacks (I don't think he even believed I was having them anyway). He finally upped my dose which made the panic attacks even worse. Then he refused to put me on something else so against his advice I slowly went of the Zoloft all together. I never had another panic attack again.
  8. Spearmint

Yeah..They took me off of Zoloft too. :dry: So now I'm not on anything, and it basically sucks.