Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jjjoooggg2, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjjoooggg2

jjjoooggg2 Well-Known Member

Doctor prescribed me generic zoloft. Does anyone have anything to say good or bad?
  2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

My brother, who became a basket case after losing a very high paying job, just went on zoloft and claims it gave him a wonerful outlook which led to a new job. Took about 3-4 weeks to work.
  3. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

One of my friends is on Zoloft currently and she said that it took a while to settle into her system and for the mood swings to calm but she did say that, after a few weeks, it did begin to have a good effect on her. Good luck with it.
  4. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I've been on brand Zoloft for a year, and it has satisfying effect. I'm still suicidal and depressed but I'm not as apathetic as before. I can walk the dog, I can talk, I didn't do that before. I also don't move as a robot anymore (I used to have motor inhibition caused by the depression).
    Good luck
  5. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

SSRIs are so variable in different people, it can be hard to say anything about how effective it will be for you. For example, Zoloft didn't do anything for me, but as shown above it's working great for others.
  6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Kept me alive, helped me hold onto school for another year. Side effects are annoying, though.
  7. levitated-one

levitated-one Well-Known Member

I will try it.. I've tried an SSRI before but i forgot what was the name. It didn't do much..just a bit of a swing..some days are better some are worst.
  8. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

It sort of worked but I couldn't stand the sexual side effects.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.