Zopiclone

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by nicolaj1992, Jul 15, 2010.

1. nicolaj1992

nicolaj1992 Member

I am currently on zopiclone to help me sleep.

The huge issue I have is that it takes about two-three hours for the effect of it to work - If I take it at 10pm then I usually get to sleep between 12am and 1am.

I was just wondering if this is the same for everybody or if anyone knows of a better sleeping medication or a way to get it to work quicker?

Thanks

x

2. TheOncomingStorm

TheOncomingStorm Well-Known Member

Hey, I was on Zopiclone not so long ago, and didn't find it helped either..I mean although i was getting to sleep earlier than i was without it, it wasn';t early enough.
    Make sure your not fighting the medication also, because then it wont work.
    I'm currently on Temazepam and thats working pretty okay, maybe you could try that? Or i hear Xanax and Stilnoct are good.

3. nicolaj1992

nicolaj1992 Member

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

Yep, I feel the same as you about zopiclone. It helps slightly but not enough.

I don't think I fight the medication either, just lay about and relax while waiting for it to work but sometimes I get upset - thats why I take the zopiclone - so I suppose that might lessen the effect of the meds, but thats when I most need them to work too.

I'll speak to my psych about the other meds you have suggested too.

Glad to hear the temazepam seems to be working for you now.

Thanks x

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Ask your doc for some benzos to help you sleep. They might not give them to you because its not what they're actually for, but they make me sleep like a baby =) They work much better than any sleeping pills I've been on :) And you wake feeling relaxed too! :)

5. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

Can't you just take them two to three hours before you actually want to sleep? So if you want to be asleep by 10PM then take them at 7/8PM?

6. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

Trazadone worked great when i was on it, i was out like a light, but i would take it after my evening meal so it probably would'nt work as quick as you want (50mg or 100mg both worked well). Hope you find something that works for you.