Zyprexa (Olanzapine) and haldol???

Oak

Senior Member & Antiquities Friend
Has anyone been on this combo from their shrink? Have you benefit from it?
How long before you feel a change?

i'd really much like your imputs on this combo.

thanks
granny

i haven't been on that combo, but i am on zyprexa with lithium. as far as i remember zyprexa is quick acting, and can start working within a few days. that was my experience. can't comment on the haldol part of yr. meds.

Aaron

I originally started out on Zyprexa it worked pretty fast on stabilising my mood swings, though things degenerated after about 6months when I was prescribed Zyprexa alongside Sodium Valproate and an anti-depressant.

Many people say it is a strong drug, be aware it can make you crave carbs, I put on over a stone in weight.

nagisa

Staff Alumni
I'm not on Zyprexa, I'm on Seroquel, but my doctor did add Haldol to my list of meds. She told me that a combination of atypical antipsychotics with a low dose of a typical antipsychotic is supposed to help greatly. I definitely have to agree that it works well for me. I hope the combination of zyprexa and haldol work well for you.

Oak

Senior Member & Antiquities Friend
Thanks for replies. True enough that Zyprexa start working quickly. I can already see changes. I didnt belive that Haldol could work so fast and that it would help on the halllucinations but i must admit that the combo has changed my life. It is not a cure but sure keeps things under control much better than any other combo i have been onto.

You are great guys, thanks for your imput and I'll keep an eye on the carving as he did warn me that i would open my appetite.

Lots of love and hugs to you all for replying.

Many blessings
Granny xx

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00