Anyone had success with seroquel?

Just started a low dose of seroquel along with the Luvox that I have been on for a while. Anyone had success with seroquel? If so, how has it helped you? I am sure my dose will need to be increased but just wondering what, if an6 success folks have had with it. Talking to my dr tomorrow ..... thank you all.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Just started a low dose of seroquel along with the Luvox that I have been on for a while. Anyone had success with seroquel? If so, how has it helped you? I am sure my dose will need to be increased but just wondering what, if an6 success folks have had with it. Talking to my dr tomorrow ..... thank you all.
A doctor gave me Seroquel along with lithium when they were weaning me off if Effexor XR years ago. I dont remember the dosage. I believe it gave me restless leg syndrome and contributed to losing a very good job. The lithium caused me to nod off.

Currently, my medicine is a good combination. Back then, not so much. You asked only if anyone has had success with seroquel so I did hesitate to answer. Good luck at your appointment today.

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
I saw a number of people on this medication while working with them in residential settings. It was fairly common of certain types of diagnoses. I would say that a good number of them were helped greatly by it, in terms of their ability to manage/control symptoms that would otherwise be so severe that they had a very, very hard time (with life). But like a lot of things--when it comes to medications: results are mixed at best, and will vary! :^) Good luck & best wishes.

meddler

i took seroquel and luvox at the same time as well back in 2011/2012. 300mg luvox and 100mg seroquel morning then 100mg seroquel again at night. didn't do a single thing for me but turn me into a zombie. zyprexa didn't do anything for me either outside of my appetite went sky high and i gained so much weight.

fromthatshow

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Wow thats funny those are the two drugs that have done the most for me! I have been told I have treatment resistant depression. I have had great success with both drugs though. Unfortunately the side effects can be bad and that is why I'm not taking either at the moment. But I hope to get back on Seroquel soon.

Luvox I had no side effects for years then I started getting random and intense chest pain. Seroquel you can get facial twitches which have never been severe for me but always freak me out and I end up stopping it.

But in terms of the effects on my depression and anxiety both have been tremendously helpful for me in the past. Much more so than other medications.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00