BPD: Relationship with a 'closed' person - advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsJustARide

It's not that he hides emotion or avoids it, more that he can deal with them very well and doesn't feel the need to express/discuss them. I have BPD which can make this very difficult. Can anyone give advice to control the paranoia and boundaries?

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
I wish I knew the answer to this one. I also have BPD and my husband has the emotional capacity of a potato. He shows no emotion other than irritation. After 28 years I still love him but in all honesty I don't see a future together.

ItsJustARide

I wish I knew the answer to this one. I also have BPD and my husband has the emotional capacity of a potato. He shows no emotion other than irritation. After 28 years I still love him but in all honesty I don't see a future together.
It feels like I'm constantly torturing myself over absolutely nothing but I can't turn it off. I find myself analysing if it HAS to be a problem that he doesn't open up because it's not 'normal' to me...

drinty

I'd rather be a Cat.
I have bpd, and having a 'normal' relationship is sooo hard. I constantly analyse why I'm getting too much or not enough attention from my 'partner'
Can anyone give advice to control the paranoia and boundaries?
I don't get paranoid like that, just anger issues from thinking I'm being ignored :). As for boundaries... How do you wish to control them? Could you explain a little more please? I set boundaries of I can't live with my oh, we did but I can't, maybe one day but probably not. Up to him if he accepted or not... He did, I'm glad :) he's not one for talking emotions or much, I'm getting the hang of it tho :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00