Can Men and Women be friends?

Can males and females have platonic (non-romantic and non-sexual) friendships?

• Yes- Female under 18 years of age

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • No- Female under 18 years of age

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes- Female over 18 years of age

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • No- Female over 18 years of age

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Yes- Male under 18 years of age

• No- Male under 18 years of age

• Yes- Male over 18 years of age

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • No- Male over 18 years of age

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Yes- LGBTQI+

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No- LGBTQI+

• Total voters

Keeno

I'm not sure what you mean by that @Keeno *confused ?
Citizen Insane, I've been a member for a few days, how can i possibly hit on every woman on SF in that time, I CAN'T! so i must've been joking right? of course men and women can be friends, not every man thinks with their WANG! 😴

I've edited the post 5-6 times and i managed to fuck it up because i'm tired, please can you delete the blank posts for me 🙂

Survivorist

Black sheep of my family....
Why not? All is possible. My question would be - what is a real friend? There are lots of buddies even good buddies (any gender, age...) for sport, music, clubs, work etc. - means you are not "alone". Real friends are rare, - never mind the gender. Looking back - it seems easier to find (and to lose) a partner, than a real friend. I talk about IRL.

Keeno

I got that you were joking, no worries.

I think this is acutually a significant issue on the forums though. I've been hit on by several men here who thought I was a woman. That's why I added "mr. may" beneath my username.
Mr May i got no time to chat, looking after your elderly mum 24/7 does that to you, she means everything to me now, besides my chatting days are long gone. i'll just post on forums but that's as far as it goes, like i said to Citizen Insane not all men think with their lollipops 🍭 I didn't come here to chat, actually i don't know why i even came here 🤔

I'm glad somebody knew I was joking 😋

LumberJack

I put on women’s clothing, and hang around in bars
I’m gay and I have a number of platonic friends who are women. Mostly straight. I also have straight male friends. I’m not denying that I get the occasional crush on them, but out of respect I keep it to myself and don’t let it progress beyond that. So I think it’s entirely possible to have a platonic friendship with someone who fits your gender criterion for romantic attraction.

tangent: nobody ever hits on me. I’m not complaining because I probably wouldn’t like it, but I don’t know how I keep people at a distance, so I’m not sure how to transfer this skill to others.

AmberMarie

i am female and throughout my younger life i had found it loads easier to have male friends. Other females were always judgy and would try and tear each other down to make them feel better about themselves. Loads of backstabbing and talking behind each other's backs as well. Male friends just want to enjoy life and each other's friendships. It was easy to trust a male friend.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$130.00
Goal
$255.00