• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Confused

Leesa

Well-Known Member
#23
I started this thread in February and still unsure about therapy. It seems to be a crutch and nothing else. But, if you can't walk, a crutch can be supportive: it just doesn't solve anything.
 

Cutesie

Active Member
#24
Hi, Leesa. I dropped my therapist - who was doing very little for me - six weeks ago in order to look for a different one. (I had started that process weeks earlier.) In a way, there's been less anxiety, because worthless therapy sessions are stressful. Finding a new one has been challenging and overwhelming. But I know that it's only therapy that can "fix" me.

When in crisis, having someone to check in is beneficial and can save one's life. Most therapists, though, aren't going to start a relationship as a "babysitter". There needs to be a goal and a game plan for how you're going to get healthy - not just how you're going to remain alive.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top