Depressed because of weight gain :(

Growing Pains

I just want support (and maybe guidance).

I feel like a large part of my depression right now is linked to my weight gain. I do, after all, have an eating disorder history. I maintained my weight for many years, but not in a healthy way (I obsessed over every calorie and over exercise). In the past several months, I've gained most of the weight back. I barely recognize myself when I look in the mirror. My mind hasn't caught up with the change yet, so I still think of myself as I was. Then, I look in the mirror, and feel down. :(

None of my clothes fit anymore. Not even my pregnancy pants. And even though I've tried exercising, and watching what I eat, I still gain weight. I suspect it may be because of the medication I'm on. It's hard not to feel discouraged, though. I'm breastfeeding, and I see so many people talking about how much weight they lost while doing so. I was told the weight would just fall off. And it did... in the beginning. But now, when people look at me, they automatically assume I formula feed... and I know why. It's because I'm gaining weight, not losing it.

I just feel so hungry literally all the time.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
There are natural supplements you can take to help curb your appetite such as chromium. You can find it in your nearest pharmacy.

I am also struggling with my weight, I am obese and need to lose quite a lot of weight, it's bringing me down too, you might want to discuss any dietary or supplement changes with your doctor though since you are recovering from an eating disorder and breast feeding.

Can I be nosy and ask what you weight and what your height is?

Maybe we can try and lose some weight together, for me motivation is the main factor bringing me down.

Wishing you all the best and please remember no matter what size you are, you're still beautiful :

Magalee

Hold on to hope
I just want support (and maybe guidance).

I feel like a large part of my depression right now is linked to my weight gain. I do, after all, have an eating disorder history. I maintained my weight for many years, but not in a healthy way (I obsessed over every calorie and over exercise). In the past several months, I've gained most of the weight back. I barely recognize myself when I look in the mirror. My mind hasn't caught up with the change yet, so I still think of myself as I was. Then, I look in the mirror, and feel down. :(

None of my clothes fit anymore. Not even my pregnancy pants. And even though I've tried exercising, and watching what I eat, I still gain weight. I suspect it may be because of the medication I'm on. It's hard not to feel discouraged, though. I'm breastfeeding, and I see so many people talking about how much weight they lost while doing so. I was told the weight would just fall off. And it did... in the beginning. But now, when people look at me, they automatically assume I formula feed... and I know why. It's because I'm gaining weight, not losing it.

I just feel so hungry literally all the time.
Hi growing pains. You've just had a baby recently, how are you sleeping at night? Lack of sleep can cause weight gain. It stresses the body and causes it to produce the stress hormone cortisol , which causes weight gain. So I hope you are getting enough rest. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00