Epilogue - Did not Get Job Offer

You are very welcome, and best to you in future searching. A big part is not letting things get you too down where you give up and I admit I have been there before. Small city where I work so fewer opportunities and the shortest job search for me was just over 7 months and the longest was 2 years.
Appreciate you @KM76710. This is really helpful for me. I will persevere. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Appreciate you @KM76710. This is really helpful for me. I will persevere. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!
What for me was interesting the 2 year stretch was from 2010 - 2012 at the tail end of the great recession so jobs were slowly returning. I got hired to work the local post office building and so many were thinking PO jobs, aren't those 25 dollars plus an hour and great benefits. I was telling them no, here is it just over $9.00 an hour which was based on amount of business and traffic through the building and no benefits which has been the case for many years but with a 2 year gap I was just happy to no longer be long term unemployed where prospective hirers might wonder why so long with nothing?

A_J_R

Very sorry to hear you didn't get the job. It clearly sounds like their loss, and I'm glad you've been able to work through some of the feelings and look towards a brighter light, instead of falling into darkness. Job hunting is the worst, especially when you really need something, but you will find a good place for yourself. Just take it one step at a time. Take care.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
School and a job kind of gave me both a reason to keep going and a distraction from all the bullshit. So keep trying to find something. The job market is pretty desperate for employees at this point from what I've seen. And granted, you won't get hired for everything you apply to, but you will get hired eventually if you keep sending out applications. I love how you turned your perspective of the situation into something positive. It's all about how you view a situation and not the situation itself.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
ugh Sorry to hear about the missed job opportunity. I'm one of those people who is SUPER let down by missing out on a job. I have no idea why.
I once walked into a place and they were running interviews for something interesting (a case manager for individuals with HIV / AIDS) and I used to take stuff to their food bank very often. Anyway, I was dropping stuff off and they're like 'hey do you want to interview for this?' and even though I didn't even know the job EXISTED before an hour ago I was wrecked to have not gotten it.
Anyway! Enough about that. I really hope something crops up for you quickly. Wish you all the best.

Good luck with your next step @RageAgainstTheDyingLight. Sounds like you did your very best and the fact that they said to keep in touch was very positive. It's really stressful being interviewed but you handled it so well. I really hope something comes up soon. Stay strong!
Thank you @BlueGreen . I really appreciate the supportive and positive feedback. BTW, I absolutely love your avatar! Those colors are like jewels!! *hug

Very sorry to hear you didn't get the job. It clearly sounds like their loss, and I'm glad you've been able to work through some of the feelings and look towards a brighter light, instead of falling into darkness. Job hunting is the worst, especially when you really need something, but you will find a good place for yourself. Just take it one step at a time. Take care.
I appreciate the kind words @A_J_R. One Step At A Time. :) *hug

A very early Good Morning from the West Coast, USA!

My last thread about all this was here: https://www.suicideforum.com/community/threads/i-made-a-new-decision-today.172051/#post-2227349

Friday afternoon I got a call advising they went with another candidate. I handled it very professionally.

I was relieved the process with them had closure. A part of me was crestfallen because I liked them and I really need a job. A big part of me just went numb and I shut down. Another part of me started really spiralling. Another part of me wanted to scream in rage until all my pent-up internal anger found voice and expression. (Mind you there was a big earthquake that triggered a tsunami that impacted the entire West Coast late Friday, so interpret that phenomena as you will.)

I was also in acute pain, which had been going on since December 21. I had finally called the doctor last week because it wasn't resolving, which actually triggered its own set of events that was pushing me onto a better self-care track. I finally went and got an xray, then went to Urgent Care. As funny as it might sound, having to literally take care of myself was a really positive distraction from the let down of missing-out on the job.

By late Friday night, I mostly felt like I had hit some sort of bottom. My Life just plain sucked, and it was suddenly really obvious i needed to change something really fundamental in my Life. That was bewildering to me because I didn't know what or how to change.

With all due credit to @1964dodge, who gently showed me a possible new path forward, I stayed (mostly) offline for a day, commited to another day of staying alive, and now I'm back dipping my toe in the water a bit.

I want to grow into a more positive attitude. Maybe not all sunshine and blooming flowers and creatures frolicking in the meadow, but somehow rebuild a new world for myself where I can trust and have acceptance that even the seemingly good or bad in my Life is for my highest good, and another piece of my journey. In the current situation, it is likely that missing out on what looked like a great job opportunity isn't actually the end of the world and I could actually make "new" decisions that fortified my inner resilience, and maybe--just maybe I did not have to give way to the emo-triggers that send me spiralling into darkness.
It's early Sunday morning here and I commit to a new day. I do have some other irons in the fire job-hunting-wise, and after some sleep, I will take care of some things around that.

My gratitude to this forum. My love to @1964dodge, @KM76710, and @may71, especially. I'm pretty sure each of you are angels masquerading as posters on this forum. 😏 Lots of other kind, compassionate, supportive people here too.

Today. I'm just gonna live today.

Sending Love, gratitude, and courage to all.

RAGE
Footnote to Epilogue: So, part of the connection with this possible job opportunity was the fact that this firm worked with people from one of my previous employers. Just the solid connection to that firm elevated me as a candidate, especially who I worked for there. That person is also someone I can turn-to for a reference if need be. Not the kind you go to every time; more like when you really need it (if that makes any sense).

Anyway, I got an email that said person had moved to a different firm altogether as of a date over the weekend, which is kinda huge news in that field. When the VP at new, possible firm called me on Friday, she 'casually' mentioned the email, and we "had a little tea."

IMPORTANT NOTE: This part did not occur to me until sometime today when I was deep in my cry-fest and pity party: The VP actually said to me in the call on Friday, "Well since so-and-so moved to another firm, I guess you wouldn't be working on projects with him here anyway. Our main contact is (let's call her) Younger Female Power Partner ("YFPP")." I was processing a lot in that call, and that little part of the exchange just kind of went right by me on Friday.

As professionally as possible, am probably not high on YFPP's list of favorite people. I don't think she hates me or has ill will; but I would prefer zero association with YFPP and her team.

If it not otherwise written in bright red letters on the wall: I may have totally dodged a bullet.

Somewhere in my little melt-down today, all of the events of the past few days just kinda settled-in, and that part of the conversation hit me like a ton of bricks!!

As much as I REALLY need a job, I can live with missing-out on what "looked like" a great opportunity that would have brought shade/negativity into my little world again. I have gone to great lengths to cut that kind of darkness out of my world, no matter what the cost to me personally.

Soooo, all of that happened. There was apparently a lot to process.

I cannot fully explain it, but somehow, after the wreck of today and 'processing' a lot more of the whole recruiting process with that firm, I am sitting here actually "feeling okay" that "everything happens for a reason." I wasn't rejected. I am not deficient in unspoken ways. I am good enough. I have lots of skills and good education. I present well. I am well-spoken and have good overall communication skills. I have a lot to offer an employer.

Maybe, just maybe, this was a time when "the seemingly good and the seemingly bad" in my Life conspired for my Highest Good.

Have been writing a lot tonight. Really, I need to take a shower now!!

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Footnote to Epilogue: So, part of the connection with this possible job opportunity was the fact that this firm worked with people from one of my previous employers. Just the solid connection to that firm elevated me as a candidate, especially who I worked for there. That person is also someone I can turn-to for a reference if need be. Not the kind you go to every time; more like when you really need it (if that makes any sense).

Anyway, I got an email that said person had moved to a different firm altogether as of a date over the weekend, which is kinda huge news in that field. When the VP at new, possible firm called me on Friday, she 'casually' mentioned the email, and we "had a little tea."

IMPORTANT NOTE: This part did not occur to me until sometime today when I was deep in my cry-fest and pity party: The VP actually said to me in the call on Friday, "Well since so-and-so moved to another firm, I guess you wouldn't be working on projects with him here anyway. Our main contact is (let's call her) Younger Female Power Partner ("YFPP")." I was processing a lot in that call, and that little part of the exchange just kind of went right by me on Friday.

As professionally as possible, am probably not high on YFPP's list of favorite people. I don't think she hates me or has ill will; but I would prefer zero association with YFPP and her team.

If it not otherwise written in bright red letters on the wall: I may have totally dodged a bullet.

Somewhere in my little melt-down today, all of the events of the past few days just kinda settled-in, and that part of the conversation hit me like a ton of bricks!!

As much as I REALLY need a job, I can live with missing-out on what "looked like" a great opportunity that would have brought shade/negativity into my little world again. I have gone to great lengths to cut that kind of darkness out of my world, no matter what the cost to me personally.

Soooo, all of that happened. There was apparently a lot to process.

I cannot fully explain it, but somehow, after the wreck of today and 'processing' a lot more of the whole recruiting process with that firm, I am sitting here actually "feeling okay" that "everything happens for a reason." I wasn't rejected. I am not deficient in unspoken ways. I am good enough. I have lots of skills and good education. I present well. I am well-spoken and have good overall communication skills. I have a lot to offer an employer.

Maybe, just maybe, this was a time when "the seemingly good and the seemingly bad" in my Life conspired for my Highest Good.

Have been writing a lot tonight. Really, I need to take a shower now!!
sometimes it takes time to process things. i'm sure you will land on your feet.

mike...*hug*shake

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00