• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Feel like drowning

#1
Two years ago I got married. After that I had a eye surgery with ongoing complications which led me to be anxious and depressed. I worried a lot about my husband, as I really felt that I am not as good for him as he deserves. I even thought about leaving him so he could be with someone better, but he was always very kind, so I could not bring myself to it. I really tried to pull myself out of my misery and somewhat succeeded.

Last autumn we decided to move on with our life and try for a baby, which has always been my dream. I miscarried early on. We tried again in spring. This time I saw the babies heartbeat - it was the most amazing thing ever. Then my husband told me, that he actually does not want a baby, that everything happened so quickly and he had thought that when he agrees to "start trying for a baby" it will take longer. He also told me that he really does not want to be with me, that we have nothing in common and his wish, although the decision is mine, is for me to terminate pregnancy. I never had to make that decision as I miscarried couple of weeks later.

After that we decided to separate. We told our landlord, that we move out by the end of June. As the date approaches I am just so full of anxiety. I constantly feel that I don't have enough air, so I have to gasp every now and then to get some more. The stress of finding new home with my financial situation is really-really difficult. I am also really scared of choosing badly and ending up in a bad situation. I am just so overwhelmed and also angry at myself, as normal people would not stress about it like that.

Besides I feel like complete failure, as I am 34 years old. Everyone around me have either family or a successful career. I have neither and I know it is my own fault. My future seems so bleak and sad and all I want is to have someone to hug me.

I also saw a colleague today, whom I have not seen for a long time. She was heavily pregnant and she already has a toddler at home. All I could think was that I want to run away and think about something else, so I could just forgot what I saw. I know it is petty and horrible of me, but I am so jealous... And I am also angry at myself for being like that.

Oh, I ramble already. Maybe you could give me some creative ways how you try to calm your anxiety? I tried some guided deep breathing, did not do much.
 
#2
You're really going through a lot all at once. Please be gentle with yourself. Of course it's going to feel overwhelming, how could it not?

I have neither and I know it is my own fault
I don't think it's your fault at all.
I know it is petty and horrible of me, but I am so jealous
I think it's understandable to be jealous. It's just kind of natural to be that way when there's something that you want but can't get, and someone else seems to have gotten it so easily.
Oh, I ramble already
Please don't worry. This is what SF is for.
Maybe you could give me some creative ways how you try to calm your anxiety?
The information in these two links (to pages on SF) might be helpful:

Chinese Herbal Medicine and Acupuncture, World's Second Largest Medical System

Self-Treatment and Miscellaneous

The acupressure self-massage and meditation sections in the second link might be of particular interest.

Hugs Elli *sadhug
 

alice202

SF Supporter
#3
Elli1908
I am so sorry you are going through this. You are experiencing a huge loss on top of other losses, and your feelings are completely normal. Please keep posting here about how things are going. I have no real suggestions to offer except to see a doctor if you are very stressed and not finding relief. This might be a good time to talk to a therapist.
Be gentle with yourself and take care.
Alice
 

Livelife

SF Supporter
#4
Elli .....I'm sorry to hear you are having such challenge and feeling so sad at this time. I'm sorry to hear of the miscarriages. I've had them and it can be a difficult thing to get through and past. It takes grieving and time. Especially with you currently separating from your spouse as well.
There is nothing abnormal about you having anxiety around this all and there is nothing abnormal with your thoughts. They aren't in any way petty at all. If I'm understanding correctly it sounds like the two of you have been living together for a few months after the decision to separate. That's an anxiety creating situation just on its own.
Keep going with the breath work. There are different kinds of yoga and meditation classes you can access online or tv for free. Eating and resting well. Meditative music playing in the house, exercise related activities. Being gentle with yourself at the top of the list. Sending some hugs.*brohug
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top