Fnd

I've had anxiety and depression for several years and more recently I thought they were under control more, not entirely, but better than usual.
On Tuesday I had a series of bad calls at work, none of them were my fault, but I need to write statements regarding my part of the call, and this led to an anxiety attack. I had a chat with my coach and felt better....went outside an hour later, went dizzy and lost my vision, then couldn't feel or move my legs. The dizziness passed but no movement in my legs, had an ambulance out, and, 28 hours and several emergency tests later, I have been diagnosed with Functional Neurological Disorder (FND) which is caused by trauma, so I'm now on 2 weeks sick leave and still not able to walk unaided.

I'm so overwhelmed by the support from work and friends, all being there for me!! However I'm also disappointed in one of my sisters, who didn't seem to care that I'd been rushed to hospital. You know who's there for you in these situations, that's for sure!!

Does anyone know any coping techniques for FND? I'm being referred for therapy and physio as well.

Sorry that this happened. I'm glad you had support from friends and coworkers though. It must have been really scary.

Does anyone know any coping techniques for FND?
I hadn't heard of FND before, but it reminds me a little of something I read in one of my books about Chinese medicine regarding a condition called "Deficient Blood":
Symptoms of Deficient Blood include vertigo, thinness or emaciation, blurred vision or spots in front of the eyes, numbness or trembling in the extremities, dry skin and/or hair, a pale face, a pale tongue body, and a thready pulse. Pale lips [...] or pale nail beds are also indicative of Blood Deficiency. Western pathologies and symptoms associated within Blood Deficiency are anemia, palpitations, nervousness, anxiety, amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, lower back pain, night sweats, and headaches including some types of migraine.
Emotional stress is also supposed to be one of the root causes of Deficient Blood. It's noteworthy that you don't have to have all of the above criteria to be diagnosed with Deficient Blood. For example, I'm not the least bit thin, but Deficient Blood is sometimes part of my diagnosis.

What you experienced sounds like it might be similar, though more extreme. In any case, you might want to try out Chinese herbal medicine. There's a patent formula called "Women's Precious Teapills", or also "Eight Pearls Teapills" that might be a good fit. It's only about $15-$20 US or less per month, and while it's available over the counter, it's definitely always best to have a practitioner prescribe a formula. You also have to be careful about which brand you buy.

There's also some simple dietary changes that are good for treating Deficient Blood and most other conditions, such as not to consume anything served cold or raw, and to eat primarily or exclusively freshly cooked foods. There are more details if you are interested.

I hope something can help.

Last edited:

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter

Kaizen

Public Access
I've had anxiety and depression for several years and more recently I thought they were under control more, not entirely, but better than usual.
On Tuesday I had a series of bad calls at work, none of them were my fault, but I need to write statements regarding my part of the call, and this led to an anxiety attack. I had a chat with my coach and felt better....went outside an hour later, went dizzy and lost my vision, then couldn't feel or move my legs. The dizziness passed but no movement in my legs, had an ambulance out, and, 28 hours and several emergency tests later, I have been diagnosed with Functional Neurological Disorder (FND) which is caused by trauma, so I'm now on 2 weeks sick leave and still not able to walk unaided.

I'm so overwhelmed by the support from work and friends, all being there for me!! However I'm also disappointed in one of my sisters, who didn't seem to care that I'd been rushed to hospital. You know who's there for you in these situations, that's for sure!!

Does anyone know any coping techniques for FND? I'm being referred for therapy and physio as well.
I have FND aswell.its sure as hell hard to deal with but something that helps is an electric blanket,I find my muscles tend to relax with the warmth and heat packs help for on the go or smaller places like my wrists as they tend to lock up,I hope your as well as you can be ❤️

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00