How does your MH medication make you feel?

Jayjay289

Jay Jay from the UK
Staff Alumni
Okay so for all those that have to take tablets on a daily basis to help with moods etc,

how does your medication make you feel?? does it make you feel sick, numb? give you mania etc

how do you feel when you take your tablet and do you still experience side effects??

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I have been on the same combination of medicines for a good while now, as for side effects, I get drowsy, get heartburn and sedation and sometimes a ''hangover'' which is drowsiness from the night time medications. The good definitely outweighs the bad though :)

@Jayjay289 Great idea for a thread.

Jayjay289

Jay Jay from the UK
Staff Alumni
I have been on the same combination of medicines for a good while now, as for side effects, I get drowsy, get heartburn and sedation and sometimes a ''hangover'' which is drowsiness from the night time medications. The good definitely outweighs the bad though :)

@Jayjay289 Great idea for a thread.
hey Petal, are you ahppy to share what ones you are on??

I take Fluanoxol a anti Psychotic drug, mostly they sit fine with me with little or no side effects I have taken these to control my BPD for nine years now, however I am seeing my GP next week to discuss these as I am fearful that my body has built a tolerance to them and they no longer have the desired effect anymore as I seem to be having low moods a lot lately and very restless nights! they are not doing a great job at controlling my emotions but I am fearful as I have a real big phobia of being sick and feeling sick so i am reluctant to experience the "settling in" period of new medication hence seeing my GP to see what he suggests for me!

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
I get tired quite a lot of the time as I am on a high dose of anti psychotic. If I don't drink enough my lithium makes me shake.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I take neurontin for mood (and some other crap) which if I skip too much of (not on purpose) will make me 6-beers-drunk.
Buspar will also make me pretty drunk-feeling if I skip it here or there.

Otherwise I like all my meds. I wasn't taking anything until this past year and have really seen much more benefit than drawback.

Sad Elf

Sertraline 200 mg. Doesn't seem to control OCD but God knows how I would be without it. I get tired and sweat a lot and it gives me headaches, but generally it's not awful

SAVE_ME

I'm on quetiapine after suffering a mini-psychosis several years ago. I feel it generally helps keep things under control but it can make me feel emotionally flat at times. Also escitalopram but don't notice much of a difference either way with that.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Okay so for all those that have to take tablets on a daily basis to help with moods etc,

how does your medication make you feel?? does it make you feel sick, numb? give you mania etc

how do you feel when you take your tablet and do you still experience side effects??
I'm presently taking trintellix and I hardly feel anything. I may actually feel good a little more often and I can't really attribute it to the med.

I once a few years back took Zoloft and ability and hated one or the other or both. Felt as if my creativity was cemented inside along with hijacker who was there though kind of trapped inside as well .

Took Prozac about a year ago with similar results.

While in the hospital a few months ago they gave me resperidone and an antipsychotic whose name I forget. I felt horrible like I could not apply my brain to anything I was doing.

My psychiatrist wants me to take rexulti. I am afraid of it due to a side effect. I'm hoping someone here has had experience with it and can shed some light.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00