I don’t know what to say anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelicupstart

Does anyone else having trouble getting through to “professionals”, because they really do seem clueless to how the vast majority of mentally ill people feel toward certain things. Not all of us can get better or learn to cope through strategies like mindfulness and distractions. Some of us need real intervention and black and white approaches. I hate being spoken to like my problems can be cured by meditation apps and online shit.
that’s all well and good for some but for others, it’s all talk and eventually it gets frustrating. I understand that I can’t have any face to face appointments right now but that doesn’t mean they can just get away with telling me to look on an nhs website that’s literally just self care tips and stuff. Not helpful. It won’t stop me from self harming or feeling agitated all the time. I’m frustrated, it feels like I am constantly ignored. I want to get off quetiapine like I’ve been asking for months because it doesn’t help me. I wish I knew what it took to actually be acknowledged and given the support I fucking need.

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Does anyone else having trouble getting through to “professionals”, because they really do seem clueless to how the vast majority of mentally ill people feel toward certain things. Not all of us can get better or learn to cope through strategies like mindfulness and distractions. Some of us need real intervention and black and white approaches. I hate being spoken to like my problems can be cured by meditation apps and online shit.
that’s all well and good for some but for others, it’s all talk and eventually it gets frustrating. I understand that I can’t have any face to face appointments right now but that doesn’t mean they can just get away with telling me to look on an nhs website that’s literally just self care tips and stuff. Not helpful. It won’t stop me from self harming or feeling agitated all the time. I’m frustrated, it feels like I am constantly ignored. I want to get off quetiapine like I’ve been asking for months because it doesn’t help me. I wish I knew what it took to actually be acknowledged and given the support I fucking need.
Hey there
I know that you wrote this a while ago.
Is there any chance of you changing therapists? There are many different kinds of therapy. For some CBT is really helpful. I've actually found mindfulness super helpful and it's definitely something I'd recommend (an mbsr course. I found this free one which you can check out https://palousemindfulness.com/).

I tend to give advice which people may not want so I'll stop here.

In answer to your question, yes. I've never gotten much help from the NHS. You're worth it.... you deserve the support you need and I hope you can get it.

*hug

Love, light, and glitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00