is celebacy a realistic lifestyle choice?

is celebacy a realistic lifestyle choice?

• Yes

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ACRon

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. in some circles it would be unheard of to have a sex life without marriage. In others, it makes the world turn around.

I think for some people celebacy is the only option, it certainly gives creedance to the written word and dispells fears over what people think of you, lately i'm feeling true and content while interacting with people since it doesn't concern a stigmata of type.

can you imagine life without forfilling carnal desires?

does having sexual thoughts make your stomach turn?

lets get the angles on celebacy...........

Last edited by a moderator:

Ziggy

Antiquitie's Friend
I think choosing to be celibate is perhaps a bad thing as is being celibate when you'd rather not be. I don't 'choose' to be celibate, like I don't really 'choose' to eat or sleep, it's just a natural part of being me.

There are many advantages and disadvantages in being celibate as there are many advantages and disadvantages in being sexually active. In the end I think it's best to just live life according to who you are and not to be too concerned about others who may disagree with your lifestyle choices.

L

letdown

It can just come about from feeling generally asexual? Not necessarily a lifestyle "choice."

As for me personally, it's not realistic no. :laugh:

Anonymous2

Yes. Celibacy is not the ideal lifestyle, but if can be done. Involuntary celibacy can be quite difficult; however, for those who have freely chosen and prefer a celibate life it may, actually, be quite easy.

For me, celibacy is my only choice. I can either choose to accept this or continue to try, in vain, to find someone to love. It is true that I could probably find a shallow woman to have sex with since most people consider me relatively physically attractive….but I have no desire to engage in unloving sex. Since no decent lady could ever love someone as unpopular, inexperienced, shy, unsuccessful, and weird as myself, I don’t believe I will ever find love. Since I can’t find love, I will never know sex because I won’t have sex with someone I’m not in love with……So, technically, I’m not choosing to be celibate, but, instead, choosing to not engage in unloving sex…but by choosing that option, I have sentenced myself to a lifetime of celibacy.

Ziggy

Antiquitie's Friend
It can just come about from feeling generally asexual? Not necessarily a lifestyle "choice."
That's true, I have no desire to have sex with anyone, I'd prefer to have a game of scrabble anyday. The problem is that you then miss out on love, because nobody wants to be in a relationship with an asexual person.

However, you then have to ask what we mean by 'love' because to me I'd guess that having a meaningful non-sexual friendship is far more rewarding than having a shallow sexual relationship.

ACRon

re: can you still masturbate? - there isn't a defining rule on what you can and can't do with your body, celibacy seems to be a choice for a person to make in their life. Its about whats right for you and maintaining your energies for endeavours more likely to produce clarity of thought.

thats what i gather so far, I've been celibate for a couple of weeks now, there hasn't been any sexual activity in that time except for hugs and talking about sex. I've been able to get a little closer with people around me and I can look them in the eye with a clearer conscience.

I don't know why i went off the idea, might be something to do with low self esteem and/or boredom. If you have a happy sex life i see no reason you should consider stopping.

Ziggy

Antiquitie's Friend
For me, celibacy is my only choice. I can either choose to accept this or continue to try, in vain, to find someone to love.
Life's a journey, you want to find love, then walk down the path that leads to love, but try to see that the journey is more important than the destination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$165.00
Goal
$255.00