• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Is it really my fault?

#1
I haven’t posted on here in a long time. But I really need help right now. I had a terrible day yesterday. And I was trying to talk to my best friend about it but she was at the bar. So she was trying to rally our friend and go home so she could be there for me when they ran into this guy I used to know. Little back story: I was friends with this guy like 6 years ago and have really just been friendly with him since then. But then about 3 weeks ago he ran into one of my other friends at the bar, bumped into her, and then unprovokingly called her ugly. So I confronted him about it and then blocked him on everything because I don’t put up with that kind of behavior towards my friends. And I openly denounced his friendship multiple times. But then my best friend saw him at the bar last night while she was trynna rally our other friend to be there for me. So she confronted him about what he said to our other friend and he punched her in the face. She has a history with abuse so that was obviously super triggering for her. And all she can say to me is “that’s your friend”. She blames me for the whole incident even though I wasn’t there and have openly said for weeks before the incident that he’s not my friend anymore. So is this really my fault? I wanna be there for her but I don’t feel like I’m to blame here. I never even introduced them. I wasn’t present for either situation. I never knew this side of him. Up until 3 weeks ago I had described him as the most unconditionally kind person I’ve ever met but idk who this person is. But still she thinks it’s my fault.
a little background on me is that I have a borderline personality disorder. My worst symptom is my fear of abandonment. And that’s what she’s doing to me now. She refuses to talk to me because she thinks it’s my fault she was attacked. Idk what to do. If it really is my fault I wanna be able to see that so I can fix it and be there for her. Without her I have no one. So now I’m all alone. Feeling worse than ever with no one to talk to. And I never even got to get the stuff that was weighing on me yesterday off my chest so that’s there too. And idk what to do anymore. Why is it my fault? What did I do?
 

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
#4
I’m sorry you’re dealing with this. I agree with @Lady Wolfshead and @seabird — it was not your fault because you were not there!

I kind of suspect your friend who was punched is questioning, “That is your ‘friend’?” If I were punched by someone who another friend had called kind, I’d likely ask, too. I’d hope the friend I was questioning would immediately say something like, “Holy crap. I don’t know that side of them. I am so sorry that happened to you! They are obviously not the person I thought they were, and I will not be ‘friendly’ with them now that they have hurt you.” And I’d mean that. Someone who name calls and physically assaults others — punching in the face?! yikes! — is not someone I’d associate with ever again.

But it was in no way your fault!
 

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
#7
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the help and advice. She did come around and doesn’t blame me anymore. And I will not be associating with that guy anymore either for obvious reasons. But I really appreciate you all!
I am glad to hear that you are not being blamed and that you are moving forward and away from the guy. It is good to see you will us and welcome because this is a good place and supportive which you have noticed. Fine forum and folks to associate with.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top