Jim's Café - Tuesday March 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evangeline

I decided to come by here on days I am able to now. ^^ Hello everyone. Hope you're having a good day so far.

As far as the challenge goes. What helps me fall asleep is usually just focusing on my own breathing pattern and heartbeat. And before sleeping I usually just talk to friends a bit, which calms me down. ^^

Evangeline (Eve/Evan)

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hi all. Hope you all have a great day.

Sleep? There's one thing I don't have a problem with. Only thing that keeps me awake is painsomnia - you know, when you're in too much pain to sleep. But otherwise I can sleep like a champ.

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
Good morning!

We are going to the Swiss Alps for breakfast today, to the lovely town/city of Grindelwald! We are staying at the Belvedere Swiss Q Hotel and this is their buffet breakfast. Please help yourself to juice and any or all of the wonderful variety of freshly baked breads, buns and croissants, wonderful jams, Swiss butter (best in the world, imo), cheese, and meats, yogurt, muesli (like granola, or if cooked, like oatmeal?), and fresh fruit. There is freshly made coffee with steamed milk, or tea. And since we are in Switzerland, creamy Swiss hot chocolate!

Today's Challenge: Fresh air and exercise help me sleep. Since we're in the Alps today, some wanderungen - trail hiking - and maybe downhill skiing are in order! (@Rockclimbinggirl you can scale the actual rockfaces if you want...I'm going to stick to ski. Feel free to contact Kate if you want a lesson in virtual rock climbing.)

Winter hiking ----->

<----- Pretty church in town

Late spring hiking----->

@Rockclimbinggirl's "hike"

Skiers, take the train to the top of the mountain, and then we can ski down to the mid-mountain lifts ----->

<----- I'm wearing off that breakfast and will be nice and ready for bed tonight! :)

Well, I've had a lovely little daydream now and feel quite happy! I hope everyone enjoys their day! :)

WatchingPlanesFlyBy

Captain of the Catwalk
Some Swiss cocoa sounds really good right now mmm, don't mind me as I walk away from the buffet with with a platter stacked a mile high with fancy cheese, meat and bread! Thank you so much @Acy

I struggle with sleep, doesn't help I go to bed very late and wake up early. Sometimes I'm out in 10 minutes other times I'm laying there for 2+ hours trying to fall asleep. Just last night I decided to get to bed early and I drifted in and out consciousness until about midnight. I usually need some white noise or one of those '10 hours of lucid dreaming binaural space music' videos playing on the smartphone to help.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Good afternoon folks, I woke up really late after going to bed late, missed an appointment with the psychiatrist, not too bothered about that tbh they have done all they could so far. All I plan to do today is very simple, have a steaming hot bath and get 30 minutes of exercise done and fix my bed up real nice :)

QuantumLeap

Firing with all synapses!!
Staff Alumni
SF Author
SF Multi Media
SF Supporter
heya all :)

I use red wine and magnesium to help me get to sleep... it works a treat!

Plus, I listen to rain on my phone through a large bluetooth speaker through the night. The speaker really brings the bass of the rain through well which helps to induce and maintain a deep sleep.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Oh I forgot about the challenge, I like listening to the rain while falling asleep, it's so relaxing :)

cymbele

SF Supporter
I read before sleep. Somehow settles me down and I can fall asleep then. But I've realized that I read too late as I am horrible about getting up and the US changes over to daylight savings time this weekend so I lose an hour and have to get up earlier. Bah humbug!

Life is ok. I've been planning a trip this fall so I guess I'll be alive then. But then I haven't been depressed (really depressed) in a while. Lonely but no depressed.
After seeing the pictures maybe I should go to the Swiss Alps.

Acanthi

I'm making hot cocoa for everyone today. Here's a huge tin of tiny marshmallows. And there's a pot of coffee on the lazy. I'm just being lazy today :p

What helps calm me down is to actually confront my thoughts for about 3 minutes. I'm usually obsessing over something and I ask myself why. After I've answered it, I focus on the sound of the fan or the airconditioner and try to sleep. Doesn't always work, but sometimes it does.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Hey. I'm having a really rough day. The friend from the team that I somewhat recently opened up to told me that he thinks I should put school on hold until I'm in a better place emotionally. I'm so scared he's right. And I talked to my friend B about it, and he pretty much agreed. When I asked, B said he'd felt that way even before I mentioned the other guy saying it. :( I've been crying a lot since he said that. Lucky I didn't cry at practice. I don't know what to do. Maybe I'll make a thread on it elsewhere on the site after I bring it up with my therapist.

@Acy I'm so jealous of you. I love the Alps. I stayed a couple of weeks with a few host families sorta close to Mont Blanc once when I was a teenager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00