Leaving/Taking A Break Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
Member announcements regarding taking a break or leaving the forum will be for information only and as such will be closed by staff as soon as the announcement is made.

Any posts that include complaints or derisive remarks will be deleted in line with SF guidelines.

Any implication that leaving is a euphemism for suicide or intent to harm oneself will be considered a suicide note and deleted in line with SF guidelines.

For instances where members have multiple posts stating their intent to leave SF, these will be merged into a single post in order to keep the forum orderly and for ease of use for other members.

Many thanks, Staff

MarvelFan

Vanity of Vanities
Hey Freya I have read some of your articles on the front page you are very good with words and they were well written.

You made 4 sentences.

I agree with and understand.

The third one
"Any implication that leaving is a euphemism for suicide or intent to harm oneself will be considered a suicide note and deleted in line with SF guidelines."

I think 90 percent of the post made in the suicidal thoughts section are that way.
I don't really undertand your 3rd sentence.
People are sometimes in need right now and have called the crisis hotline or have accidently involuntarily got locked up going to the ER because they just wanted some medication and talking down of their suicidal thoughts.

Of course there are people that say "I feel like ending it right now" or "Tonight's the night" or "Goodbye im leaving this World" in their title and might need or should need involuntarily lockdown for their own safety, but it does not seem helpful to me to just delete their post it's how we respond to that post is what matters the most.

Take care and Thank you.

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
I meant if someone writes - for example:

"Goodbye everyone I am leaving this site and if all goes to plan I won't return, take care of yourselves...etc" - that is the same as saying "Goodbye, I am going to kill myself" - just because it doesn't use those words doesn't make the intent any less the same.

I hope that makes sense :)

MarvelFan

Vanity of Vanities
Ok so I see your point in the I going to kill myself after I leave this site that makes more sense since we can't help them then. I was just worried you meant that if someone post in their title "Hey I feel like ending it tonight please someone help" that that would not be allowed because that would be a very sad thing to do to someone it would be like turning our backs to them.

Thank you for clarifing that for me sorry I got confused. Take care and thanks for all your help.

laup

SF Supporter
Hi
no worries you went nowhere says my brain lol.
OK 25 likes 4 of you and i am replying to the 5th. I have only looked at the list to see what is spurring them. It seems the smoking got a few likes and that i think has gone to the 2nd page so once i have replied to this i will get on to that first see if we can get it on page 1 again.
{ i did not know you could burn porridge, strawberry jam will sort that baby out ha }
Right i will get back there like all yours that i can and start the day.
wishing you happy one try bouncing when you walk its funny and makes people smile that,s my tip for the day.
*stars*stars*stars*stars*stars*stars*stars*stars*stars*starsSS*stars*stars*stars*stars*stars*stars*stars*stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00