Living Donor

SamB

SF Supporter
I found out today that you can donate a part of your liver whilst you are still alive. The part you donate regrows in 1-3 months time and there shouldn’t be any long term negative effects.
I am considering trying to do this but I think the main reason I am considering this isn’t really to help the recipient but to make myself feel better about myself.
You can’t undo the mistakes of the past but maybe doing something good can balance the books and make up for doing bad things and that could offer me some redemption.
The small risk that I might die doesn’t bother me, in fact, I think of all the ways one can die, dying trying to save someone else seems like a really good ending to me, one that I could be proud of.
So, is it still doing good even if the motivation is selfish? Is this something I should try and do?

Lady Wolfshead

wishes you well
I found out today that you can donate a part of your liver whilst you are still alive. The part you donate regrows in 1-3 months time and there shouldn’t be any long term negative effects.
I am considering trying to do this but I think the main reason I am considering this isn’t really to help the recipient but to make myself feel better about myself.
You can’t undo the mistakes of the past but maybe doing something good can balance the books and make up for doing bad things and that could offer me some redemption.
The small risk that I might die doesn’t bother me, in fact, I think of all the ways one can die, dying trying to save someone else seems like a really good ending to me, one that I could be proud of.
So, is it still doing good even if the motivation is selfish? Is this something I should try and do?
It is absolutely doing good. *hug

Lekatt

Love Cats Love All
SF Supporter
True, you can't undo the mistakes of the past, but you can forgive yourself for making them. Everyone does things they wish they could take back. I know I have done my share of mistakes. However, by forgiving those mistakes is a natural thing to do as we grow older and wiser.

Donating a part of your liver to someone in need is a wonderful thing. It may take some time to find the correct match, but the deed is a noble one.

I wish you the best of all things in life. Love

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$130.00
Goal
$255.00