My last and truly wonderful psychiatrist had to quit practice so I needed to find another pdoc.
The drive there was stressful due to road construction. I had carefully written down directions (don't know how to use GPS on phone) but there was NO Exit 58 (they had torn down that exit). I took a guess and exited and did find where I was supposed to go with 30 minutes to spare. Go me.
This pdoc is super thorough, I had an EKG and bloodwork before I saw her (these things will be done on a periodic basis now).
She was friendly and attentive and super nice to converse with. Also, she really knows her meds. She has suggested some changes to help me with the depression I've developed over the last few months and a couple changes that should help with the weight/diabetes aspect. She listened to me carefully and respected me. We talked over an hour and a half! Which is crazy, but true!
I am feeling better about things after this appointment. Thanks to everyone who has supported me in this anxious period before seeing a new doctor.
The drive there was stressful due to road construction. I had carefully written down directions (don't know how to use GPS on phone) but there was NO Exit 58 (they had torn down that exit). I took a guess and exited and did find where I was supposed to go with 30 minutes to spare. Go me.
This pdoc is super thorough, I had an EKG and bloodwork before I saw her (these things will be done on a periodic basis now).
She was friendly and attentive and super nice to converse with. Also, she really knows her meds. She has suggested some changes to help me with the depression I've developed over the last few months and a couple changes that should help with the weight/diabetes aspect. She listened to me carefully and respected me. We talked over an hour and a half! Which is crazy, but true!
I am feeling better about things after this appointment. Thanks to everyone who has supported me in this anxious period before seeing a new doctor.