My first post, but also likely my last

I made both this post and account on random impulses, which is basically how I make all my weird decisions. This is the first time I've ever done anything like this, and I've never been good at properly expressing my thoughts/emotions, so I apologise before hand for what ever mess I end up creating here. I didn't even bother reading the rules, so this might not even be the right place to post this.

Sorry.

I'm unsure how much longer I can hold out to be completely honest. You always hear things like "Just keep going, it'll all become better." which is rather funny, since after every year that passes I fall deeper down in to despair. I can positively say that I'm currently the worst I've ever been, and the idea of suicide feels more alluring every day. Not that it wasn't before, but the iconic thought of the pain it would bring my parents has always stopped me. Unfourtainetly thanks to recent developments I'm uncertain how much longer that can keep me alive.

The mental and physical fatigue I've been feeling is going up to the extreme. No matter how much I sleep it doesn't go away. If I've sleept for 10 hours it might only take around 4 hours before I'm deathly tired again, but that's not even mentioning how extremely hard it is to wake up in the first place. I don't have the energy to do anything, and I barley ever go to school anymore. In the last 80 days (not counting weekends) I probably only went 10 times, half of those times going back home before lunch. I'm failing all my classes, and I think I'm behind to the point that it's impossible to catch up.

My parents always had absurdly high hopes for me, hoping I would become a great doctor, or some form of NASA scientist. Those dreams obviously have both been brutally murdered, and buried by now. It's so bad that the disappointment in their voices is like torture to my ears. I hate myself so much for making them feel like this, all they ever did was love me, they deserve a smarter son, a nicer son, a more capable son, a BETTER son, instead they got me, a husk not able to do anything. I feel that the continued pain of the disappointment I make them feel every day hurts them more than me killing myself ever would.

This all truly turned out to be a giant mess, I guess I need to put an end to my meaningless rambling at some point. I wanted to mention the soul crushing loneliness I've been feeling as well, but that would require an entite post of it's own to properly convey. To quickly put it in to perceptive I can say that feel so depraved of human contact that simply hugging me tightly and saying "I love you" would more than likely turn me in to an ugly crying mess.

aw jeez, I already regret writing this. The thought of someone taking time out of their day to read this is giving me a lot of anxiety, but I guess it's fine. It's not like anyone will actually do that right? Let's hope not.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hi. Welcome to SF. I read this but am at work and am going to come back to it on about an hour. We're glad you're here man. See you again in a bit.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hi again
You said that "due to recent events" you're not sure how much longer you can go on. What has happened recently that has made you feel worse?
I wonder if you realize how many people come here feeling *just like you*? They come here and they feel really terrible but stick around see that there is help out there available to you. Do you want to say what country you are in?
Your parents don't want to lose you -- and neither do we. You're already important to us just by coming here, just by registering here at SF. You are valuable as a person. I hope you come back again soon and check in.

Matt

Sorry that you're going through this
If I've sleept for 10 hours it might only take around 4 hours before I'm deathly tired again, but that's not even mentioning how extremely hard it is to wake up in the first place. I don't have the energy to do anything, and I barley ever go to school anymore
Have you seen a doctor about this?
If there isn't a clear and easily treated cause for this, there may be some alternative treatments that would be worth trying.
My parents always had absurdly high hopes for me, hoping I would become a great doctor, or some form of NASA scientist. Those dreams obviously have both been brutally murdered, and buried by now. It's so bad that the disappointment in their voices is like torture to my ears. I hate myself so much for making them feel like this
It's not reasonable for your parents to have expectations like this. I guess it's common, and not necessarily the worst crime of parenting though.

I hope things can get better soon

FlamingoWrangler

🦩🦩🦩🦩
Hi ! @Thecolorlessboy
I’m soooo sorry for your pain. There are good people and information here. Give it a try. The pain won’t instantly go away, but the heaviness of your burden will slowly lighten.
Please check in and give us an update.

I made both this post and account on random impulses, which is basically how I make all my weird decisions. This is the first time I've ever done anything like this, and I've never been good at properly expressing my thoughts/emotions, so I apologise before hand for what ever mess I end up creating here. I didn't even bother reading the rules, so this might not even be the right place to post this.

Sorry.

I'm unsure how much longer I can hold out to be completely honest. You always hear things like "Just keep going, it'll all become better." which is rather funny, since after every year that passes I fall deeper down in to despair. I can positively say that I'm currently the worst I've ever been, and the idea of suicide feels more alluring every day. Not that it wasn't before, but the iconic thought of the pain it would bring my parents has always stopped me. Unfourtainetly thanks to recent developments I'm uncertain how much longer that can keep me alive.

The mental and physical fatigue I've been feeling is going up to the extreme. No matter how much I sleep it doesn't go away. If I've sleept for 10 hours it might only take around 4 hours before I'm deathly tired again, but that's not even mentioning how extremely hard it is to wake up in the first place. I don't have the energy to do anything, and I barley ever go to school anymore. In the last 80 days (not counting weekends) I probably only went 10 times, half of those times going back home before lunch. I'm failing all my classes, and I think I'm behind to the point that it's impossible to catch up.

My parents always had absurdly high hopes for me, hoping I would become a great doctor, or some form of NASA scientist. Those dreams obviously have both been brutally murdered, and buried by now. It's so bad that the disappointment in their voices is like torture to my ears. I hate myself so much for making them feel like this, all they ever did was love me, they deserve a smarter son, a nicer son, a more capable son, a BETTER son, instead they got me, a husk not able to do anything. I feel that the continued pain of the disappointment I make them feel every day hurts them more than me killing myself ever would.

This all truly turned out to be a giant mess, I guess I need to put an end to my meaningless rambling at some point. I wanted to mention the soul crushing loneliness I've been feeling as well, but that would require an entite post of it's own to properly convey. To quickly put it in to perceptive I can say that feel so depraved of human contact that simply hugging me tightly and saying "I love you" would more than likely turn me in to an ugly crying mess.

aw jeez, I already regret writing this. The thought of someone taking time out of their day to read this is giving me a lot of anxiety, but I guess it's fine. It's not like anyone will actually do that right? Let's hope not.
I’m reading this, please continue to talk to all of us.
Hi again
You said that "due to recent events" you're not sure how much longer you can go on. What has happened recently that has made you feel worse?
I wonder if you realize how many people come here feeling *just like you*? They come here and they feel really terrible but stick around see that there is help out there available to you. Do you want to say what country you are in?
Your parents don't want to lose you -- and neither do we. You're already important to us just by coming here, just by registering here at SF. You are valuable as a person. I hope you come back again soon and check in.

Matt
Im here to listen and support as well

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Your parents' expectations are highly unrealistic, and you not being able to meet them is not your fault at all. You clearly need some kind of outside help and support. It's great that you came to this forum and we're all glad you you're here, but I think some kind of therapy and/or medication should also be worth considering at this point. School will always be there. It's understandable that you're failing your classes right now. You can always go back and finish when you're feeling more mentally stable. That's what's most important: your mental well-being. Not what your parents think and not even school.

Livelife

SF Supporter
Thank you for sharing your heart and mind. Hope you keep coming back here and reading some others sharings, that you keep sharing and stay around.....

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00