My so-called "friend" falsely accused me and now we're no longer friends

Callousgirl

Semper Occultus
Oh. LOL. I can be a little slow on the uptake sometimes! Sorry about that. Oops.
Do not worry. What I do with marketing of books, it to tell the publishing company the secondary meanings of the book they published. Books can have the text finished and done months before it is published. And when it is released, and months after it was released, the text of the book can become a problem. Now, if someone asked me to write a white paper about "The last of the Mohicans" by Cooper -- I would be drink a great deal.

Have Hope

Do not worry. What I do with marketing of books, it to tell the publishing company the secondary meanings of the book they published. Books can have the text finished and done months before it is published. And when it is released, and months after it was released, the text of the book can become a problem. Now, if someone asked me to write a white paper about "The last of the Mohicans" by Cooper -- I would be drink a great deal.
Ah, I see. That's an interesting job you have. My job is more so about driving qualified traffic to a website and getting those people to convert to buying customers or leads..... so I deliver website traffic and make money for my clients online.

What I love about it is seeing the fruits of my work and efforts turn into sales and money for my clients. I don't know why, but I love that part.

I also do a lot of copywriting and copyediting for marketing and sales purposes. Like recently I developed an About Us page for a client who sells products online only. That page has earned them 5K more so far in only 15 days time, and is decreasing their shopping cart abandonment rate hugely. I LOVE that. At this rate, this page alone could make them 100K more a year, if it keeps up at the same pace -- that's awesome to me.

The downside of what I do is all the technical aspects (for me). I don't like website code or any coding. lol.

Callousgirl

Semper Occultus
@Have Hope

Interesting, but people can see a increase or decrease in revenue within weeks with your actions. With me, it is not a question about direct revenue, it is about not doing no harm to the branding of the company and the branding of the author. Do no harm, like the harm that was done with Dukakis riding in a tank in 1988 or Howard Dean making his scream in 2004. Books are very much the same way, as you can write a 600 page book and few sentences can be damage control. Current affairs books are a minefield, because they are written so fast and have a short period from the start of the book until it is released to the general public. Plus, it is written to a political base and not to the general public.

Right now, there is a decline in American Civil War books in the pipeline. Because major publishing companies are moving away from having the confederate flag on the dusk jacket of the book, and, having a image of a confederate statue on the dusk jacket as well. There is a running and active debate what should be used as the common iconic images. Since the age of the internet, dusk jackets are being judged as the judgment to read a book. Since books are sold first as pre-order books online, it does point out if the copies should be shipped to this location over a different location with bookstores. Since the internet, the text of the book has a impact with the image on the dusk cover of said book. Right now, American Civil War books are a little toxic.

Have Hope

@Have Hope

Interesting, but people can see a increase or decrease in revenue within weeks with your actions. With me, it is not a question about direct revenue, it is about not doing no harm to the branding of the company and the branding of the author. Do no harm, like the harm that was done with Dukakis riding in a tank in 1988 or Howard Dean making his scream in 2004. Books are very much the same way, as you can write a 600 page book and few sentences can be damage control. Current affairs books are a minefield, because they are written so fast and have a short period from the start of the book until it is released to the general public. Plus, it is written to a political base and not to the general public.

Right now, there is a decline in American Civil War books in the pipeline. Because major publishing companies are moving away from having the confederate flag on the dusk jacket of the book, and, having a image of a confederate statue on the dusk jacket as well. There is a running and active debate what should be used as the common iconic images. Since the age of the internet, dusk jackets are being judged as the judgment to read a book. Since books are sold first as pre-order books online, it does point out if the copies should be shipped to this location over a different location with bookstores. Since the internet, the text of the book has a impact with the image on the dusk cover of said book. Right now, American Civil War books are a little toxic.
I have to admit I know very little of books, history and the like. I stopped reading books in early adulthood. I don’t have a taste for history unless I’m traveling abroad. I’m very educated but I just don’t read books anymore. All I do read are articles about the digital marketing field and what’s going on in the world sometimes though I detest politics.

Callousgirl

Semper Occultus
I have to admit I know very little of books, history and the like. I stopped reading books in early adulthood. I don’t have a taste for history unless I’m traveling abroad. I’m very educated but I just don’t read books anymore. All I do read are articles about the digital marketing field and what’s going on in the world sometimes though I detest politics.
You are very common, as most Americans do not read a single book in a calendar year, and less so with a nonfiction book. With new released books, even with people that call themselves book readers, they read twenty or less nonfiction books a year, that they purchased at a bookstore. With fiction, that is a different story.

Have Hope

You are very common, as most Americans do not read a single book in a calendar year, and less so with a nonfiction book. With new released books, even with people that call themselves book readers, they read twenty or less nonfiction books a year, that they purchased at a bookstore. With fiction, that is a different story.
Yeah, I don't know why I stopped reading. I would read in bed before sleep, but it was uncomfortable for me. I admit that I watch a lot of TV now too, instead of reading. But I'm not going to be down on myself about it. It's my preference and what I enjoy doing. I watch a lot of educational shows with my husband, movies and real estate shows.

Callousgirl

Semper Occultus
Yeah, I don't know why I stopped reading. I would read in bed before sleep, but it was uncomfortable for me. I admit that I watch a lot of TV now too, instead of reading. But I'm not going to be down on myself about it. It's my preference and what I enjoy doing. I watch a lot of educational shows with my husband, movies and real estate shows.
With books, and other types of media, there is a great deal of in house political and social, and personal fighting going on. Like we say, if your a published author and you do not have a lifetime enemy, your book is not that interesting in the first place. Let us talk about something else, I am bored about talking about shop.

Have Hope

With books, and other types of media, there is a great deal of in house political and social, and personal fighting going on. Like we say, if your a published author and you do not have a lifetime enemy, your book is not that interesting in the first place. Let us talk about something else, I am bored about talking about shop.
Ha, well, it is off-topic and I know very little about your type of work. lol.

I was just thinking about the fact that I am constantly disappointed by people's bad behaviors.... not many people in this world live up to my standards, and I don't think they're too high.

Callousgirl

Semper Occultus
I was just thinking about the fact that I am constantly disappointed by people's bad behaviors.... not many people in this world live up to my standards, and I don't think they're too high.
What is your judgment is a persons bad behavior, is a behavior that is rewarded with employment and promotions. There are companies under stress, and they are in decline, and the best quality workers leave or refuse to work for the company in the first place. So when a company is moving downward, they get a lower quality of workers wanting to work for the company. Then it gets worse year after year until the company collapse. Showing bad behavior, you can get rewarded for that behavior. If your asked to show and act with bad behavior to a customer, than it is time to look for new employment.

Have Hope

I used to read a book a week until about six years ago when I really got into Internet surfing - mostly window shopping and online forums. Now I read a book a month, if that.
I hear ya. My book library at home is collecting dust! lol. But you write... I haven't written for my blog since Feb. I keep up with my FB page though, which is good. Hmm... maybe I should get back to my blog, but I really want to write a post on work related issues and cannot since ppl from my work read my blog. I never should have told them about it!! GRR.

Callousgirl

Semper Occultus
I used to read a book a week until about six years ago when I really got into Internet surfing - mostly window shopping and online forums. Now I read a book a month, if that.
@Lady Wolfshead

That is around average for a number of people. Still, the better example is the average page count and that is more complex. There is a difference reading six nonfiction books with six being less than 300 pages and six being more than 500 pages. It is a given, two nonfiction books from the same publishing house. Both with identical book prices, and one with less than 300 pages and the other with over 500 pages -- the thinner book sales better on average. When you get past 800 pages, it better be a good book.

Have Hope

What is your judgment is a persons bad behavior, is a behavior that is rewarded with employment and promotions. There are companies under stress, and they are in decline, and the best quality workers leave or refuse to work for the company in the first place. So when a company is moving downward, they get a lower quality of workers wanting to work for the company. Then it gets worse year after year until the company collapse. Showing bad behavior, you can get rewarded for that behavior. If your asked to show and act with bad behavior to a customer, than it is time to look for new employment.
Had I had any idea my company was in trouble, I never would have accepted employment, although at the time, I was in a pressure cooker situation financially and I HAD to take a job - any job - in order to live and survive. Often we cannot choose what we want.. we have to take what comes. And yes, it's a sad state of affairs when those who have bad behaviors or poor work habits get promoted over those with actual work ethics.

I am just plain sick of how this world operates.

Callousgirl

Semper Occultus
Had I had any idea my company was in trouble, I never would have accepted employment, although at the time, I was in a pressure cooker situation financially and I HAD to take a job - any job - in order to live and survive. Often we cannot choose what we want.. we have to take what comes. And yes, it's a sad state of affairs when those who have bad behaviors or poor work habits get promoted over those with actual work ethics.

I am just plain sick of how this world operates.
When I was a teenager, I worked for K-Mart and Sears: and all I learned from working for these companies: is not how to run a company. Glad I never worked for the White Star Line, I might not be able to say how bad RMS Titanic was.

Have Hope

When I was a teenager, I worked for K-Mart and Sears: and all I learned from working for these companies: is not how to run a company. Glad I never worked for the White Star Line, I might not be able to say how bad RMS Titanic was.
Yes. Same here different jobs. I always see all the inefficiencies and holes. Poor management is usually to blame.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00