New Diagnoses

So I've have a diagnosis of Postural Or tho static Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) for about a year now, but on Thursday, I was diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome - Hypermobile Subtype (hEDS). I was also diagnosed as a high functioning autistic a few weeks ago. I'm freaking out and scared of where to go from here. We were suspecting this for a while but now its real and true and it hits me that this has become my life now.

FlamingoWrangler

🦩🦩🦩🦩
In my opinion, you aren’t a diagnosis. You are a purple wolf! 😉🤣…. You are a person. A diagnosis is just a tool that caregivers use to help you.

Would you like to share more about your concerns?

In my opinion, you aren’t a diagnosis. You are a purple wolf! 😉🤣…. You are a person. A diagnosis is just a tool that caregivers use to help you.

Would you like to share more about your concerns?
I'm scared people will tell me I have to stop doing gymnastics. I love it so much, I'm doing low level and the coaches are willing to accommodate me. But it's still scary.

FlamingoWrangler

🦩🦩🦩🦩
I'm scared people will tell me I have to stop doing gymnastics. I love it so much, I'm doing low level and the coaches are willing to accommodate me. But it's still scary.
The hyper mobility is a benefit in gymnastics. You just have to focus on muscular strengthening to avoid some injuries. But that‘s always a goal in sports. Look through some stills of Simone. She is hyper flexible, but incredibly strong. Just try to do your best and BE AWARE OF LIMITS. It’s a learning experience. Strength will always be a benefit!

What issues were you having that lead to these new diagnoses? Do you want to share more of you fears? You are the same person you were before the diagnoses.

I am sorry you feel scared.
🦩🦩🦩🦩

The hyper mobility is a benefit in gymnastics. You just have to focus on muscular strengthening to avoid some injuries. But that‘s always a goal in sports. Look through some stills of Simone. She is hyper flexible, but incredibly strong. Just try to do your best and BE AWARE OF LIMITS. It’s a learning experience. Strength will always be a benefit!

What issues were you having that lead to these new diagnoses? Do you want to share more of you fears? You are the same person you were before the diagnoses.

I am sorry you feel scared.
🦩🦩🦩🦩
Constant injury, dizziness, blood pooling, dislocations, tears in ligaments, joint pain. My health is a wreck lol

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00