Poor mental health and mental functioning

Andrew J

I have poor mental health and poor mental functioning. Particularly my slow thinking and being unable to think clearly really/brain fog really bothers me. Any sentence, concept, or idea I feel like I have an incomplete understanding of it which also bothers me. This makes me feel disconnected from the world and I also feel like it's slowing me down in life. One thing I notice in particular is that anything numerical I get hung up on and feel that I don't really grasp it. These kind of things make me feel depressed, anxious, and awkward about life.

I'm interested in seeing a chinese herbalist (as has been recommended to me on this forum before) about this kind of stuff. Would any treatments that it offers be able to remedy this? Any other types of professionals or anything else be able to help with this?

Andrew, do you think the poor mental functioning/brain fog is related to depression? It can be a symptom.

I have found that writing (I write fiction) really helps my brain stay sharp. I know that also other mental and creative exercises can help. If it is related to depression then treating the depression with medication or therapy may help. Math games may help you. There are many websites offering free games and logic puzzles.

Also meditation may help. Even just a few minutes a day. Many free meditations on YouTube.

Andrew J

I like the idea of math games. I could see that helping. In regards to the "other mental and creative exercises" could you give me list/name some of these please.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00