Question while I can take the answer.

Trina

Has anyone felt themselves falling deeper into sadness by talking themselves into it? I have been finding that I am convincing myself how horrible I am because I don't have it that bad. My depression comes from a hole in my heart from when I went back to work. The hole is where my kids used to be in the sense that they were my whole life...now work has to take part too. I keep thinking how I shouldn't feel this way because I got to stay at home for 7 years with my kids and not many others to. I shouldn't be upset that I had to go to work because of the ways it is helping my family...and that is part of my job as a mom. I feel myself talking myself so close to a suicial state all because I shouldn't feel this way.

I guess I am just looking for another way to not feel so alone.

Rebreb

There's no way you should or shouldn't feel. In the same way that you can think yourself into a hole, you can think yourself out of it.

Have you heard of cognitive behavioural therapy or mindfulness? You might want to check them out.

It seems you're practicing reverse gratitude: I SHOULD appreciate what I have and because I don't I feel bad...

Can you turn that around?

Sounds like a downward spiral. If you retrain your thoughts you may be able to spiral them back up. Therapy can help with this and medication too.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00