• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Really bad day

sadhart

SF Supporter
#21
You really do have to be commended for your lengthy track record of sobriety, @sadhart ! So I hope you don't take that for granted, or not realize & understand just how noteworthy and important it is... & as well as, just darn right IMPRESSIVE - to me! Because I know it isn't easy, and most people, relapse multiple or many times over the course of their journey to or through recovery. So you should pat yourself on the back, and give credit where credit is due, with/or for that!
It's hard to see my achievements. But I try not to take my sobriety for granted. Yet days like today really make that difficult.
 

MisterBGone

~\_โœ…`,')
SF Supporter
#23
I am such a failure. Towards the end of work I made some mistakes and I think one person thinks I'm an idiot for it. Can't blame him. I just feel so worthless all the time.
Well, hey! We're all human. . . So I'd say what happened was probably quite normal. Though I know it's hard to feel that way in the moment. But just know, whether he thinks as bad as you do, or he doesn't care at all, either way no matter how much you spend on it, or worry & have regret--I'm sure he'll be just fine and going about his day. And not sitting there cussing you out, or thinking all kinds of ill thoughts. He's probably planning a trip into the great outdoors, or something this weekend. And has forgotten it in its entirety~

All you can really do, is learn from them (the errors/or mistakes) & then - let it go... hopefully so!
 

MisterBGone

~\_โœ…`,')
SF Supporter
#24
Also, if you've ever worked in a kitchen, or some other high stress job like that where this kind of language & behavior is aloud, you've got to develop tough skin. For you can get berated many, multiple times a day, per given screw-up!! And then sometimes, even when you haven't . . . but something else has just suddenly set them off. And so, it's almost like a chain-reaction, in the sense that - once they start, or get going, it can be hard to stop (the swearing, and yelling people, putting them down, etc.).

Though sometimes I believe some of this is to just blow off steam, and reduce stress. So maybe it's kind of healthy then, when viewed in that way? Last place I worked at, which was light years ago, but the bartenders there all looked like (& acted like) bouncers - except not the calm or chill kind. These guys both loved & relished each & every opportunity they had to go and kick somebody out~
 

sadhart

SF Supporter
#25
Also, if you've ever worked in a kitchen, or some other high stress job like that where this kind of language & behavior is aloud, you've got to develop tough skin. For you can get berated many, multiple times a day, per given screw-up!! And then sometimes, even when you haven't . . . but something else has just suddenly set them off. And so, it's almost like a chain-reaction, in the sense that - once they start, or get going, it can be hard to stop (the swearing, and yelling people, putting them down, etc.).

Though sometimes I believe some of this is to just blow off steam, and reduce stress. So maybe it's kind of healthy then, when viewed in that way? Last place I worked at, which was light years ago, but the bartenders there all looked like (& acted like) bouncers - except not the calm or chill kind. These guys both loved & relished each & every opportunity they had to go and kick somebody out~
He didn't call me anything....actually said it was okay, but kind of gave me a look when he was talking to someone shortly afterwards. I just hate when I make mistakes. I suppose everyone does. But I just have so much bothering me right now and I really don't need anymore things to feel like crap about.
 

OCDNihilism

Well-Known Member
#28
I'm sorry you're going through so much too.
Things do get better, but seems like that they always get worse again. Hard to build confidence about starting a new future again like this, even when we are at our best. At our worse giving up just seems the only course - that or just living a life that just isn't very worth living...

I'm sorry about what you are going through too. It's hard. Life breaks so many dreams of all people, but others seem to not even be able to get the good in life to let us have contentment...
 

Survivorist

Black sheep of my family....
#29
Well, people are generally getting more egoistic, selfish, and unfriendly by the day. Write it off as your annual real bad day (make it 364 this year). Otherwise I act like you - I never give money (but sometimes I buy bread for someone who is really hungry). With parking I have no problem. I drive a scooter (but I have more bad days when it rains or when it's cold). I hate lying as you do and when people put their trolley in front of the cashier to save some time - I started to push them aside. I would never do something like this. I hope when you wake up you feel better. It's Saturday - do something good for yourself.
 

SamB

SF Supporter
#30
From my experience of work it isnโ€™t the amount of mistakes, how silly they are or even how bad the outcome that would annoy me. What I dislike is when someone denies a mistake or tries to cover it up. If you admit a mistake, apologise and then help to put things right then you are a good colleague in my book.
 

sadhart

SF Supporter
#31
Despite this being another difficult week, along with it just being a difficult month, I did manage to do a couple of things. I took part in a dungeons and dragons game. We just did the character creation part, and it took around three hours to do. I'm still unsure if this is for me but I want to give it a try.

Now, I'm currently at a recovery halloween party. Someone invited me though I wasn't sure I would go and im not even sure if they are here . But here I am, way put of my element. Even back when I was drinking, I never really got into the partying part of parties. But to ensure I couldn't immediately back out of this, I walked here. But while I'm glad I at least made the effort, I just feel out of place. Sorry for sounding so negative.
 

sadhart

SF Supporter
#33
Sorry, seems my calculation of 364 days was wrong. But Sadhart can you not be a little proud of yourself? I mean you have a job, you have a car, friends and you managed to be sober for so long. This is great, even if this month was shitty.
I do my best to acknowledge what I have. But as I said, it's difficult because there are things missing that are hard to ignore. And as for my sobriety...I often question how meaningful it really is when I feel I have contributed so little to recovery groups such as AA or NA.
 

MisterBGone

~\_โœ…`,')
SF Supporter
#35
I do my best to acknowledge what I have. But as I said, it's difficult because there are things missing that are hard to ignore. And as for my sobriety...I often question how meaningful it really is when I feel I have contributed so little to recovery groups such as AA or NA.
I'm betting you've contributed far more than you are even ever truly aware. . . & if you could talk to some of them, and ask them, honestly - they'd tell you so themselves!
 

sadhart

SF Supporter
#36
This has been another bad day and I had my anxiety tested far more than I cared to. It's hard to explain my job but one particular task I have to do i used to do by myself until recently because they now have two other people in my area as well. I usually only have to work that area once a shift, but something happened where i had to work it a second time. The two workers talk to each other alot and I am literally in the middle of them. That causes anxiety in itself, but I have to use this machine that lifts a heavy object that they check and they just stand so close to it in a way that makes me feel like it I drop this object, one of them may get hurt. And they are just so oblivious of that...of me. I don't want to stop working that area because I want to be reliable and I know we don't always have a full crew, which was part of why I was put there a second time.

Sorry, I know that was confusing. But that isn't the only thing bothering me. I woke up today just feeling so bad. Worse than usual. I know in some ways I am doing okay like with sobriety and all. But I just feel so worthless. And i could say it's because of the holidays, but I know I will feel bad even after the holidays are over. I will be another year older in January and I just feel really unsure if there is anything worth going on for. This won't make sense...really I know none of this probably does, but there's this youtuber who recently had this documentary come out about him. It really highlights how despicable he is. Yet, he somehow is doing better than me, which probably isn't saying much. But looking at him makes me question my own character. I don't know, sorry, I'm just rambling now.
 
#37
This has been another bad day and I had my anxiety tested far more than I cared to. It's hard to explain my job but one particular task I have to do i used to do by myself until recently because they now have two other people in my area as well. I usually only have to work that area once a shift, but something happened where i had to work it a second time. The two workers talk to each other alot and I am literally in the middle of them. That causes anxiety in itself, but I have to use this machine that lifts a heavy object that they check and they just stand so close to it in a way that makes me feel like it I drop this object, one of them may get hurt. And they are just so oblivious of that...of me. I don't want to stop working that area because I want to be reliable and I know we don't always have a full crew, which was part of why I was put there a second time.

Sorry, I know that was confusing. But that isn't the only thing bothering me. I woke up today just feeling so bad. Worse than usual. I know in some ways I am doing okay like with sobriety and all. But I just feel so worthless. And i could say it's because of the holidays, but I know I will feel bad even after the holidays are over. I will be another year older in January and I just feel really unsure if there is anything worth going on for. This won't make sense...really I know none of this probably does, but there's this youtuber who recently had this documentary come out about him. It really highlights how despicable he is. Yet, he somehow is doing better than me, which probably isn't saying much. But looking at him makes me question my own character. I don't know, sorry, I'm just rambling now.
You're not worthless :)
I believe that you have a good heart..
I'm sorry that you were feeling bad..hugs, my friend..I just wanna tell you that you are loved deeply..you are precious..hugs๐Ÿซ‚๐Ÿซ‚๐Ÿซ‚๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿซ‚
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top