• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Scar Reduction

whybother?

Well-Known Member
#1
hi their

sry if this is in the wrong sorta section feel free to move it

anyway incase ppl didnt read my other post i said that i havn't self harmed in about a year and a half now , and its coming upto summer time here in the UK , i detest summer but i dont want a repeat of last summer , i had to wear long sleeve hoodies , and all my hoodies are black so u can imagine how hot i was

ANYWAYS cud any1 please recommend any good scar reduction stuff? creams or watever im not fussed :)

thanx
 

Scum

Well-Known Member
#2
if you go to the self harm forum, there is a sticky at the top about scar reduction.

congrats on not harming, thats terrific!

Good luck with it
 
#5
Bio Oil tends to work at reducing scars. Some people swear by it. You can easily buy it from the local chemist. It takes a few weeks to start working so if you want your scars to be reduced for summer then I'd recommend getting some soon when you can. I guess it depends how bad your scars are, but it's worth a go. It's good stuff.
 

whybother?

Well-Known Member
#6
yea my girlfriend just recommended that actually! im getting payed next week friday so im gonna pop down to ma local chemist and get sum :biggrin:

just 1 question , how much does an average bottle kinda like cover? my whole left arm is covered in scars :sad: 2 are kinda major ones , the rest are just ya normal kinda scars

if it helps ive got 29 scars on ma left arm , is 1 bottle gonna be enough? i googled it and ya can get a bigger bottle for 12 quid or sumthing , is it worth me getting the big bottle or the average size ?
 

RainbowChaser

Well-Known Member
#7
I've been using Bio Oil on stretch marks for over 3 months and I still have about half of the small bottle left - and I have alot of stretch marks :ohmy:
 

RainbowChaser

Well-Known Member
#9
:laugh: It's the only answer I can give I'm afraid, I don't know anyone else who's used it :laugh:

If it helps, I've also spilled it on my skin at least three times in that time and thought "NO! I'm wasting it!" only to realise that there's loads left :laugh:
 
#10
I've been using a Cocoa butter lotion that has other things in it that is for scars and stretch marks, it's made a lot of them fade to skin color. Doubt it helped, but hey. You can always go to the pharmacy and look around or ask, they'd probably know more than me lol.



Good luck.






PS - Congrats on not cutting for a while.
 
#11
i have a purplish two and a half inch keloid (risen) scar on my left arm. it is easily recognizable, but i have made no attempts to get rid of it, as much as i despise it. Corny as it may sound the lyrics from papa roach have a real interpretation to me

These scars remind us, that the past is real

I have no better reminder of the hell i went through and beat then that scar.
 
#12
Bio oil is good if you want to reduce your scars. I've only been using mine a couple of weeks but it is making the raised ones less raised, and fading the colour a bit. I've actually got through about a quarter of a bottle in that time, but it would depend on how many scars you have, I guess. What Carolyn was talking about, palmer's cocoa butter is also supposed to be good. I didn't use it for long, 'cos personally it makes me feel sick, but most people like the smell. Plus, its a lot cheaper than bio oil. Congrats on going so long and good luck. x
 

Just_visiting

Well-Known Member
#13
Bio oil does work, but like most things it does take a while. Another thing that found actually helps is sunlight. Ofcourse it can b hard to get sunlight on your scars because u want to keep them hidden and covered but if u can get sunlight on them as much as possible throughout the summer it does help them fade (or it has mine atleast)

I had the same problem as u last summer, although mostly my scars are on my legs so they r easier to cover. However wen i went on holiday i didnt want to go swimin or on the beach cos of them but after a while i just decided they didnt matter. They were scars not cuts, it was something i did do but not anymore, and while i am not proud of them they r part of my life that i have to accept and it shudnt matter wat people think. (obviously its not as easy as that but if u can get to think like that it does help.)

Hope i've helped
L1
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top