Scary

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowerpot

When you go through the whole depression/suicide etc etc etc thing, I don't know how to explain to it but it just feels like your life? It's you

But now, when you see it happen to someone else, it's so scary

Being introverted, I don't talk about things to anyone. Occasionally online, but never in person..

Now I'm seeing horrible things happen to someone else, and in a way they're more open about it

Just hearing people say out loud that they hate themselves, and being in a really bad state, and talking about wanting to die, that kind of stuff, full on and serious..

Scary..

Then it just makes me feel so.. eh.. like there's no hope in the world, and so wrong

And I'm scared of witnessing someone commit suicide
:sad:

fromthatshow

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I don't think anyone expects to have to witness that. I hope that you never do.
Yes it can be scary. Maybe take this as an opportunity to look at your life and see if maybe you don't want to go down that road.

:hug:

wallflower

When you go through the whole depression/suicide etc etc etc thing, I don't know how to explain to it but it just feels like your life? It's you

Being introverted, I don't talk about things to anyone. Occasionally online, but never in person..

Now I'm seeing horrible things happen to someone else, and in a way they're more open about it

Just hearing people say out loud that they hate themselves, and being in a really bad state, and talking about wanting to die, that kind of stuff, full on and serious..

Scary..

Then it just makes me feel so.. eh.. like there's no hope in the world, and so wrong

There is hope in the world. Sometimes people need to vent, and this forum has helped me a lot in my worst times. When you need a second opinion it's good to get those thoughts out to people who are going through similar things.

Nyu

Scary..

Wow, you're absolutely right :sad:
I didn't really realize this until i joined here, and it's in a way triggered me into this "no hope" mindset. It's just really sad...I wish I could just take everyones unhappiness and stash it somewhere so they won't have to feel that way. But sometimes you just feel like you can't do anything, except be there for them, and even that isn't enough. I wouldn't want to see anyone commit suicide either, same with everyone else.
:( :cry:

It makes me feel so horrible for the things I sometimes tell people. I don't want anyone to worry like I do. It's just...hard, sometimes, this whole life thing.

I agree that your whole perspective changes when it is someone else's life you are dealing with. I know for me, I don't want to see someone else suffering and hurting so badly they want to end their life. You can see things they can't and many times find the reasons for them to hang on, but cannot see those same things for yourself. It is scarey watching someone self destruct and gives you such a helpless feeling that nothing you do makes a difference to them. But you don't give up trying. Maybe that is a lesson we can learn for our own lives-don't give up trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00