Should Democrats cut off funding for the War?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob26003

Personally, I am of the opinion that they should, by all means, end this illegal War. That is why they got voted in. To do anything else IMHO is a betrayal to their voters and Politically hazardous. They will be seen as just more of same old establishment.

True, Right Wingers will say this and that about not supporting the troops. As if they have been supported. As a matter of fact, they just fired a General for the appalling conditions at Walter Reed. The troops are being forced to stay too damn long. Its a backdoor draft. Not to mention about the armor and whatnot. If you want to support our troops, dont get them killed! Period. Nobody in America is benefitting from this War except for Exxon and Halliburton. And our kids are going to have to pay for it.

Cutting off funding does not mean the troops would be put in the feild without equiptment. It means they would not be put in the feild.

It is time for the Dems to get some spine :cool:

I hope they don't let this political momentum evaporate.

TG123

Personally, I am of the opinion that they should, by all means, end this illegal War. That is why they got voted in. To do anything else IMHO is a betrayal to their voters and Politically hazardous. They will be seen as just more of same old establishment.

True, Right Wingers will say this and that about not supporting the troops. As if they have been supported. As a matter of fact, they just fired a General for the appalling conditions at Walter Reed. The troops are being forced to stay too damn long. Its a backdoor draft. Not to mention about the armor and whatnot. If you want to support our troops, dont get them killed! Period. Nobody in America is benefitting from this War except for Exxon and Halliburton. And our kids are going to have to pay for it.

Cutting off funding does not mean the troops would be put in the feild without equiptment. It means they would not be put in the feild.

It is time for the Dems to get some spine :cool:

I hope they don't let this political momentum evaporate.
I hope they do. The war being waged by President Bush in Iraq is evil, cruel and against God's will. The same goes for every war, including ones that Democrats started.
But I hope they cut off Bushes funding, hopefully this bloodbath will then end sooner.

Cristo Vive!
- Tomasz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00