• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Suddenly My Depression Gets Worse

Forgotten_Man

Well-Known Member
#1
So for the first time in over a year, I have actively thought about the best way to kill myself. As opposed to just hoping that some random event kills me. I know what issue is causing me to feel this way, but I do not understand why my usual couping methods are not helping to make me indifferent to dying. Does anyone have advice on how I can make my usual methods work again?
 
#2
Some people have patterns in their mood and well-being that aren't obvious. Keeping a mood journal might help. I wonder if you could be experiencing a seasonal effect. Also, there's differences like the amount of allergens around that can make a difference in how you feel.

Does anyone have advice on how I can make my usual methods work again?
What have your usual methods been?
 

Forgotten_Man

Well-Known Member
#3
I already write at least 750 words a day so I am pretty good at getting my thoughts out there, but I have not been very introspective.

For this partiular issue, I go over all the annoying things that come with the issue at hand, then tally up the good and see the huge negative in time and money. Then I feel better, but even then seeing the negative it is not helping. I have been thinking about stuff that I want to experience related to that stuff, but again just doing wasteful just for an experience is not going to help much since I will hate myself for wasting my time.
 
#4
For this partiular issue, I go over all the annoying things that come with the issue at hand, then tally up the good and see the huge negative in time and money. Then I feel better, but even then seeing the negative it is not helping. I have been thinking about stuff that I want to experience related to that stuff, but again just doing wasteful just for an experience is not going to help much since I will hate myself for wasting my time
I might understand better if you could give the specifics, but I understand if that's something you want to keep private.

If your old coping mechanisms aren't working, you might be able to try some new mechanisms or treatments
 

Forgotten_Man

Well-Known Member
#5
The thing that is causing me depression is my lack of experiences with socializing. Trust me nothing good, let me say that I am very depressed about some particular events that I could still experience. However, I place very little value in socializing. I find interpersonal relationships to be a chore to keep up. Even with people who I am good friends with I DREAD whenever one of them comes over. It is just too much work to talk and think about my words and all that stuff. I am content to only email/text with them. Sadly one of my friends mentioned his efforts in one aspect of socializing. Thus I started down this path of depression.

Thus I run into my problem, I have yet to meet another person who will make suggestions on couping mechanisms. Everyone I speak too has told me that it is okay to be depressed about this because it is natural, humans being social creatures and all. Most people find it to be self-destructive to help me justify why interpersonal relationships are pointless. Thus they want nothing to do with it, even if it would make me feel less depressed.

I guess at the root of everything I am struggling to believe my own reasoning even though I know it is correct and that is depressing me.
 
#6
Sorry that this is happening.

I'd recommend trying therapy, or learning CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) on your own (there are some books on it that might help). Group therapy might help in particular, since it's a social setting.

Dietary changes, acupuncture, and traditional Chinese herbal medicine helped me a lot with my social anxiety. I could say more about that if you're interested.

I hope that something can help.
 

iloverachel

No longer suicidal after 8 years of depression
#8
So for the first time in over a year, I have actively thought about the best way to kill myself. As opposed to just hoping that some random event kills me. I know what issue is causing me to feel this way, but I do not understand why my usual couping methods are not helping to make me indifferent to dying. Does anyone have advice on how I can make my usual methods work again?
Sorry you have been suffering for so long
Saw a post of yours about suicide in 2006
13 years is long
Are tou doing better
 

Daphna

Ninja of light
#9
So for the first time in over a year, I have actively thought about the best way to kill myself. As opposed to just hoping that some random event kills me. I know what issue is causing me to feel this way, but I do not understand why my usual couping methods are not helping to make me indifferent to dying. Does anyone have advice on how I can make my usual methods work again?
I’m not sure what your normal methods are. I wonder if it’s like exercising? You can start out and things are great until your methods cannot take you any further. Then you have to try new methods and maybe even do a combination of things to have more progress. I wouldn’t let it bring you down, your methods brought you this far, now you hit the plateau. In exercise when a person does this, they become even more aggressive with their efforts to achieve their goals. What do you think?
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top