Suicide with a point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say somebody suffered from massive depressions, had an uncurable STD, was littered with mental diseases such as OCD among others, ritual after ritual day in and day out for their entire life, some even causing severe bodily harm, and now they recently discovered they might have emphysema at age 21 due to the amount of smoking they have done over the past 6 years, because smoking was one of the few things that brought them joy and took the edge off at times, this person happens to be extremely intelligent, and isin't thinking about ending it all because "the world is cruel", or "nobody cares", blah blah blah, but simply because they are smart enough to understand that it is impossible for them to live a normal, healthy, happy life, and considering age 21...that would be a long life of complete misery ahead, so what if they took into realization that death would be much more peaceful then the life they have to look ahead at, and the only single thing halting it is the fear of hell?

Nessarose

The fear of Hell keeps me from going through with it, too, as I'm not 100% sure I'm saved. I cost way too much for my family to support me because of my medications; I'm too young to apply for Medi-Cal; my insurance costs way too much, and they make us pay $500 like crazy. The solutions right now are suicide or hospitalization. I can work part-time, so I may be able to help pay for my medications, but my psychiatrist said I can't work full-time (the only way to get benefits) and I'm going back to school soon. My mental illness is not something that will disappear, and sometimes suicide seems the most reasonable option. In the future, maybe I can get Medi-Cal...I don't know...so I might as well try to hang in there until then.

What I'm trying to say is, I can relate to you, but I really hope you don't do anything to yourself. I'm sorry you're going through so much. Stay safe.

bumper

You can't go to Hell if you don't beleive in it.
Hell, like religion, only exists in people minds. These concepts only exist because people WANT them to exist.

B

Blackness

I don't believe that the single thing holding this person back is fear of hell, it's the fear of the process of death also. I don't see the need to die here. 21 is young, there's get medical technologies out there now. If this person was smart enough, they'd realise that death is NOT the only option here..

I don't believe that the single thing holding this person back is fear of hell, it's the fear of the process of death also. I don't see the need to die here. 21 is young, there's get medical technologies out there now. If this person was smart enough, they'd realise that death is NOT the only option here..

It really only is hell, I have always been interested in death and what the experience is like, blowing my brains out does not scare me as it is instant, but an eternity of hell is something to fear

as I'm not 100% sure I'm saved
You will be "saved" when you want to be "saved"

You're never Not Saved, you only imagine/feel as though you are. God is always there, except sometimes our pain, heartache, fear,etc. blinds us from seeing so, and therefore we believe we are alone and God has left us. Even though he has not.

I advise hanging on, I can't imagine what you're going through with all of that but even with that, life is worth giving a chance sometimes. I think you should give it a chance :wink:

Hope you feel better about all of this soon

roro

i have been suffering from physical diseases most of my adult life, and i am in a lot of pain. i am on morphine and it still does nto get rid of the pain, every day, every hour.

but i dont think i have the right to take my own life anymore than that teenager who just lost her boyfriend of three months. or the one who feels their misunderstood or whatever.

pain is pain and its relative. when pain is more than one can bear, whether it be mental or physical, its called suicide.

i am hoping when the time comes they will put me in hospice or i can move to oregon and get put down.

The problem is no matter what the bible says, or what you believe, noone actually knows what happens after you die. How do you know it's going to stop all your pain and suffering and depression? I know you can say to me how do I know it won't, but you don't know what the future will hold unless you try first.

I know that suicide comes with different circumstances and different people. When you are so depressed you aren't thinking clearly. You aren't yourself. But there is always help out there and you will always have some fight and strength inside you, no matter how small.

Like roro just said I don't think anyone has the right to take their own life. There are so many people who have lost loved ones, people who have died because it was out of their control, and they would give anything to be alive again. They didn't have the choice. If you are sane enough to write on this forum then you DO have the choice.

The problem is no matter what the bible says, or what you believe, noone actually knows what happens after you die. How do you know it's going to stop all your pain and suffering and depression? I know you can say to me how do I know it won't, but you don't know what the future will hold unless you try first.

I know that suicide comes with different circumstances and different people. When you are so depressed you aren't thinking clearly. You aren't yourself. But there is always help out there and you will always have some fight and strength inside you, no matter how small.

Like roro just said I don't think anyone has the right to take their own life. There are so many people who have lost loved ones, people who have died because it was out of their control, and they would give anything to be alive again. They didn't have the choice. If you are sane enough to write on this forum then you DO have the choice.

I know there is a choice involved, it is just that some people feel so shitty that they are willing to risk it for the better

if god is sooo great, why does this forum even exist?
Very good question. I will quote a favorite book of mine, that might just help some of you. Please read it all the way through..

It has been asked to God, "Why do we have to reach out to you before you reach out to us? If you really are an all-knowing God, then you must know when we need help. If you really are an all-merciful God, then you must be willing to offer that help - without our asking. If we are already on our knees, bent over in utter defeat, why must we grovel even more and plead with you to rescue us? If you are an all-loving God, why don't you love us enough to help us without us having to beg you?
And while we're at it, what do you say to those who would tell you, "I have called out to you, and you have not been there! Do you think I have not asked for God's help? For God sake, why do you think I'm so desperate! I'm so desperate because it seems like even God has let me down! I'm utterly deserted here. And I want none of it anymore. I'm done. Finished. Through."

I want you to consider now the possibility of a miracle. There is a reason why you have not experienced recieving a solution from God, but that reason is not important in this moment. What is important in this moment is for you to consider the possibility that now, right in front of you, there is an answer. Open your eyes and you will see it. Open your mind and you will know it. Open your heart and you will feel that it is there.

Only if you call out to God in absolute knowing will you be aware that your answer has been given to you. Because it is what YOU know, what YOU feel, and what YOU declare that will be true in your experience. If you call out to God in hopelessness, He will be there, but your despair may blind you, and block you from seeing Him.

Nothing you have done is so horrible, nothing you have had happen to you is so beyond repair, that it cannot be healed. He can and shall make you whole again.

Yet you must stop judging yourself. The one making the strongest judgement is you. Others may judge you from the outside looking in but they do not know you, they do not see you, and so their judgements are not your valid. Do not make them valid by taking them on as your own. They have no meaning.
Do not wait for others to see you as you really are, for they see you through the eyes of their own pain. Know, instead, that God sees you now, in wonder and in truth, and that what He sees of you is Perfect. As He looks open you He has but one though: "This is my beloved, in whom I am well pleased."

Forgiveness is not necessary in the Kingdom of God. God cannot be offended or damaged in any way. There is only one question of important in the entire innocence. It has to do with your identity. Do you know who you really are? When you do, all thoughts of loneliness disappear, all ideas of unworthiness evaporate, all contemplations of hopelessness transmute into wondrous awareness of the miracle that is your life. And of the miracle that is you.
And finally I say
You are surrounded in this very moment by a hundred thousand angels. Accept, now, their ministrations. And then, pass their gifts on to others. For it is in giving that you shall recieve, and it is in healing that you shall be healed. The miracle for which you have been waiting for has been waiting for you. You will know this when you become the miracle that another awaits.
Go then and perform your miracles, and allow your death to be the moment of your greatest glory, not of your greatest sorrow. Use death as a tool with which to create, not with which to destroy, with which to move forward, not with which to go back. In this choice will you have honored life itself, and allowed life to bring you your own grandest dream, even while you are living with your physical body: Peace within your soul at last.

I really hope anybody feeling this way just read that.. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$130.00
Goal
$255.00