• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Trapped - need to escape

Mr Polite

SF Supporter
#1
Endless Mental suffering - can’t fix
Long covid - can’t fix
Lost my job for reasons above - can’t fix
Going through divorce where ex wants everything I worked hard for - can’t fix
Severe anger about ex - can’t fix
Living in a flat I can’t afford or like - can’t fix as don’t have job
Endless guilt about being ill and not able to be the dad I want to be - can’t fix
Can’t sleep for reasons a

I simply can’t change the narrative. Right now everything points in one direction
 

Holding my breath

SF Pro
SF Supporter
#2
I am so sorry your ex is being so difficult. Have you tried mediation to help work out the best way to move forward?

I know that feeling stuck like this is incredibly difficult but things will change over time. The divorce will eventually be over and the anger you feel will gradually subside. We never know what is around the corner, good or bad, but the good really is there as well. As I was frequently told by my therapist, you have options, there are always options, other than ending your life.
sending you the biggest hug this morning. Always here if you need to talk. *hug*hug Xx
 

iloverachel

No longer suicidal after 8 years of depression
#3
*hug my friend
I can definitely relate to some of those things
endless mental suffering and sleep issues in particular.

I am sorry you are unable to fix those serious issues. I hope you can at least improve those situations even if its not fixing it completely
 

Windhover

meandering home
SF Supporter
#4
I am sorry the relationship ended and you are in the midst of divorce proceedings. I've been there and it feels terrible, sometimes for quite a while.

While it is legitimate that you feel you aren"t being the dad you want to be, you're still dad. Your kid(s) ne love you. They can flex and adapt to who you are now. They might experience some fear and be unsettled, but if you hang in there it will be enormously good for them. I hope I'm not being overly cheery - I went through a bad one and I guess I want you to know there is light on the other end.

Hugs to you @Mr Polite .
 

Livelife

SF Supporter
#5
Endless Mental suffering - can’t fix
Long covid - can’t fix
Lost my job for reasons above - can’t fix
Going through divorce where ex wants everything I worked hard for - can’t fix
Severe anger about ex - can’t fix
Living in a flat I can’t afford or like - can’t fix as don’t have job
Endless guilt about being ill and not able to be the dad I want to be - can’t fix
Can’t sleep for reasons a

I simply can’t change the narrative. Right now everything points in one direction
First off I'm sorry you are dealing with long covid symptoms and physically feeling crappy on top of the changes and loss going on with security and unbalanced demands being made on you. I don't have children but I do know you are a father and nothing can change them knowing and feeling your love. You didn't say if were able at this time to possibly obtain work or income? I remember my last divorce that took me to the cleaners. It was intense.... losing my home and much in the bank, relocating, finding new work, and living in a tiny spot and then slowly recovering financially, which happened. And I was angry for awhile. Until I didn't need to be and it got in my way. I hope that the medical symptoms recede and that you heal from that part of the weight. It's such a used expression but one step at a time with what you can do can create relief and shift. Wishing you the best.
 
Last edited:
#6
Hi, I'm sorry this is happening to you, I think life is not fair.
I can only relate to Endless Mental suffering and Severe anger, as I ended up living on the side walks and abandoned buildings a three times - what kept me going was all different kinds of meditations, to transform my mind and be a better person. Latter I returned home and all those bad memories came trough all at the same time, I felt so much anger that I almost murdered a guy followed by deep state of sadness. Two months or three after, I decided to go to a doctor as I didn't want to do anything anymore besides being in bed, all I was thinking was in suicide and that I didn't want to die at the same time. The medication helped me a lot, I was partially hospitalized and it helped me a lot too. Today three year have passed and I'm able to go to school and study, I have a "training scholarship" that helps me a bit giving me a little income.

As @Livelife said "one step at a time", it might be hard for a couple of years but nothing is permanent, opportunities might come and one day it will all be different, in the future you might still find your self in a dark place but it will still be different from what is now, and better days will come too.

I'm sorry that I'm still young and not able to understand fully what you're going trough, if I did I would be of more benefit to you. But still I see you're suffering and wanted to share my story and a bit of what I've learned.

Wishing you the best.
 

Mr Polite

SF Supporter
#7
I am so sorry your ex is being so difficult. Have you tried mediation to help work out the best way to move forward?

I know that feeling stuck like this is incredibly difficult but things will change over time. The divorce will eventually be over and the anger you feel will gradually subside. We never know what is around the corner, good or bad, but the good really is there as well. As I was frequently told by my therapist, you have options, there are always options, other than ending your life.
sending you the biggest hug this morning. Always here if you need to talk. *hug*hug Xx
Thank you as always x
 

Mr Polite

SF Supporter
#9
I am sorry the relationship ended and you are in the midst of divorce proceedings. I've been there and it feels terrible, sometimes for quite a while.

While it is legitimate that you feel you aren"t being the dad you want to be, you're still dad. Your kid(s) ne love you. They can flex and adapt to who you are now. They might experience some fear and be unsettled, but if you hang in there it will be enormously good for them. I hope I'm not being overly cheery - I went through a bad one and I guess I want you to know there is light on the other end.

Hugs to you @Mr Polite .
Wise and helpful words. Sorry you’ve been there too
 
#10
First off I'm sorry you are dealing with long covid symptoms and physically feeling crappy on top of the changes and loss going on with security and unbalanced demands being made on you. I don't have children but I do know you are a father and nothing can change them knowing and feeling your love. You didn't say if were able at this time to possibly obtain work or income? I remember my last divorce that took me to the cleaners. It was intense.... losing my home and much in the bank, relocating, finding new work, and living in a tiny spot and then slowly recovering financially, which happened. And I was angry for awhile. Until I didn't need to be and it got in my way. I hope that the medical symptoms recede and that you heal from that part of the weight. It's such a used expression but one step at a time with what you can do can create relief and shift. Wishing you the best.
Thanks. I’m not working at the mo because of the long covid. Hopefully I can find a way back. Sorry you’ve been on a similar journey. Much love
 
#11
Hi, I'm sorry this is happening to you, I think life is not fair.
I can only relate to Endless Mental suffering and Severe anger, as I ended up living on the side walks and abandoned buildings a three times - what kept me going was all different kinds of meditations, to transform my mind and be a better person. Latter I returned home and all those bad memories came trough all at the same time, I felt so much anger that I almost murdered a guy followed by deep state of sadness. Two months or three after, I decided to go to a doctor as I didn't want to do anything anymore besides being in bed, all I was thinking was in suicide and that I didn't want to die at the same time. The medication helped me a lot, I was partially hospitalized and it helped me a lot too. Today three year have passed and I'm able to go to school and study, I have a "training scholarship" that helps me a bit giving me a little income.

As @Livelife said "one step at a time", it might be hard for a couple of years but nothing is permanent, opportunities might come and one day it will all be different, in the future you might still find your self in a dark place but it will still be different from what is now, and better days will come too.

I'm sorry that I'm still young and not able to understand fully what you're going trough, if I did I would be of more benefit to you. But still I see you're suffering and wanted to share my story and a bit of what I've learned.

Wishing you the best.
Thanks so much. Your words mean a lot. You’ve had a lot to deal with, well done on getting through!
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top